As a newb I have a few questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madoux

11-16-2009

I'm sure this may be covered else where in the forums but I don't have a lot of time to go digging so I have a few questions.

I will have been playing for a week come Wednesday, I'm ehh ok at playing Katrina, in fact shes the only one I like soo far, I've tried Anne, Heirm, Alister, and Kayle. Anyway I haven't seen many people mention her, which I suppose is good because people aren't crying NERF NERF or anything, but well it's just that I keep seeing people saying stuff like, don't put so many carries on one team, and having a team of casters without a tank seems like a bad thing as well (IMO).

So any way question one what is she considered, I mean i guess assasin is what she is labeled but do I need to be careful picking her in solo matches so that the team doesn't get to many squishys or something?

Second question I'm still new but the practice bot matches... well they blow chunks so I play these solo games but I tend to get jacked over alot and I'm thinking that I may be the reason people keep leaving, How do I learn without jacking my win loss record and making people quit outright when they see I'm on their team?

Third is there a way to keep the friggin text window from bloody disappearing all the time? I have a big monitor and well sometimes I don't realize people are telling me that a gank is comming until i'm dead. I'd just like for it to stay on screen or catch my attention better or something.

Finally this is sorta related to the first question but uhh as a one week newb should I be worried about my current 2 wins and 5 losses score? Because it sorta bothers me that every team I get put on keeps getting rocked. I mean maybe I'm not the only noob on the team but sometimes my deaths are abismal and well it must look like i'm feeding the other team on purpose especially since I'm not chatting or anything since I tend to be so focused on trying to stay alive.

Voidgolem

11-16-2009

1. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but then again I'm usually something of a tanky character.

2. Practice games, of course, most practice games are pubstomps nowadays ._.

3. doubletap the enter key every so often is the only way I can think of.

Shouldn't worry about your win/loss ratio, it takes several games until the matchmaker gets a 'feel' for your skill level and starts matching you up (mostly) appropriately.

Ivramire

11-16-2009

1. I guess Katarina is a DPS carry.

2.If you want to practice without the possible stains on your W/L ratio, play against Humans in Practice matches. You can join matches other people make or make one yourself in the Practice section.

3.I don't think so. It fades naturally after new text displays. I usually just try to pay attention. People also usually use the ping button 'G' to signal important things.

4.No, not really. You're still on what is known as 'Noob Island' where it matches you up against other newbs. The game tries to create matches where it's mostly 50/50 chances of winning so it'll try to keep your Win/Loss ratio 1:1 You're just starting out so don't worry about it and try to get better.

Lone Wolf 28

11-16-2009

You can display the chat window by holding 'Z'.

GNOY

11-16-2009

Win/Loss ration means nothing, considering noone see your loses and it wont affect anything even if someone could see.

1. Katarina is Chaser/Killer. She is not physical DPS, though she can carry team if played right. The only reason she is picked in games - her ult + chasing abilities. She is squishy. If you build her with damage items (which affect her ult aswell as AP) - you leave her with 0 survivability. AP build is more viable imo, and you should start with Rylai Scepter - this way you will be unescapable and your ult will have AOE slow, aswell as you will be less squishy. Also - your ult interrupted by all sort of stuns/silences. Thatswhy she is far from best pick in more competitive games.

2. Play more practice before trying normal games (they are harder usually). Dont join practice games where you will see 9 30th levels. Dont join games which states "no noob". You can create game yourself - USE IT! Create game and name it "5x5 only new players, lvl 1-4", so at least it wont be a pub stomp.

3. Good ppl would use ping on minimap along with text message.

Rawne

11-16-2009

Just play a little more and the problems will solve them selves. But since i'm not playing that long too, u should try some more heroes. Cuz since i had everyone played a few times i knew their attacks a bit and know when its dangerous. And as everyone said, dont be afraid of a "bad" Win:Loss, it wont change anything cuz mostly the whole team is guilty bout a loss or u just had superior enemies (thanks to the elo system)

Madoux

11-16-2009

Thanks for the info guys, I'll try not to let it bother me so much, and as for trying out some more champs... well I guess there's no time like the present, guess i'll have to give human practice matches a shot. Anyway thanks again!!!