Should Trundle's PoF interrupt enemies from capping point if it pushes them?

yes 77 88.51%
no 10 11.49%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Should Trundle's Pillar of Filth interrupt enemies from capping points...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Aaaaand now I'm curious how everyone else plays Trundle? I've only ever seen triforce bruiserish...
Trundle yoinks tank stats from the enemy tank, then he runs up to the carry and yoinks their AD. Do you see this as Trundle gaining free stats? That's a bad attitude. The point is the enemy losing stats, because while Trundle gaining stats helps Trundle, the enemy losing stats helps Trundle's whole team. How about Pillar? How many people does it affect? Not just Trundle, but up to ten people. You don't have to block runners all the time, you can put a wall between an enemy and your carry once in a while. So yes, you build Trundle as a bruiser, but you sure as hell don't pick him as one. Trundle is much more supportive than a Jax or Darius. He is an AD tank. The only AD with as much team support as Trundle is Jarvan IV.

David12596

09-26-2012

bump

LegendaryEnemy

09-26-2012

I have read this whole thread. I have played Trundle more than anyone here.

His pillar interrupts any channeled ability, including tower captures when:
- The enemy is moved a significant distance due to collision detection with the emerging pillar. This is not a knock-back effect. It is simply the result of the game trying to process displacement.
- It does a status check of some sort. "They are capping, no they are moving, no they are capping, they must not be capping. Capping stops. Guess they weren't capping" rather than "capping interrupted by knock-back"
- Sometimes

Sometimes they will be moved out of range and still be capping. Sometimes they will be moved but it won't be interrupted whatsoever even if they move a decent length.

Pillar collision is very irregular. Sometimes they will be pushed through it. Sometimes they will be kicked back. Sometimes they will look like they are trapped in a wall and be squeezed out in a seemingly random direction. Something to do with Riot's collision detection system is inconsistant.

Trundle is not an assassin. He is a guerrilla fighter. Assassins can pass through to the rearward enemy lines and do significant burst. Trundle however waits for a window to exploit, rushes into the gap and whomps whatever is there. He is not a gap closer, he is a gap filler.

David12596

09-27-2012

Riot pls

If you want to make it less annoying because to some extent with my build that get PoF to a 7.7 second cooldown can be annoying, then make it so it only stops enemies from capping a point when they are pushed away from the point.

David12596

09-30-2012

bump