Cascade, The Element's Fury

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

09-13-2012

Quote:
Cascade, The Element's Fury
Intro:
Hello all!

I was doing some thinking about what would be good and unique... I was thinking of a champion that would be able to a variety of things in the fray, being a hybrid melee/cc champion. Sort of bulky, but much, much more focused on offense.

It should also be noted that Cascade is meant to be a late-game champion. Early game, he will struggle.

Type:

Melee fighter with a combination of burst and sustained; neither are exceptionally good but they synergize well, Jungler? (I'm sure people would make it happen, would require a hard leash), Support (good CC). Meant to be played AP.

EDIT: Cascade is a Mana-based Champion.

Attributes: Just a forewarning, I'm not good with numbers (well, not -that- good), and I doubt most reading this will care to flip through and calculate. I will be using instead an X/10 rating.

Health: 5/10. Average. He isn't meant to tank, but he isn't meant to be super fragile either.
Attack Damage: 5/10. Note that a lot of AP champions have low AD; Cascade is meant to have a moderate one.
Ability Power: 7/10 Not the highest. Maybe 7.5/10... But. He isn't supposed to be nuke-y too too much.
Difficulty: 8/10. He's easy to play well, but to make use of all of his abilities and proper timing in the most efficient manner, it will take a lot of practice.

Abilities: (What you've all been waiting for!!!)

Passive: Elemental Enhancement:
Cascade gains .75 AD per point of AP. This is to defer people from playing him as AD, considering that he is a melee champion, and looking at how his other abilities work-- and, even -moreso-, to make AP viable on him.

{Q}Earthen Strikes:
Cascade's next three attacks deal (Rank: x/x/x/x/x) extra damage, modified by AP. The first strike will hit hardest, with each next strike reduced by 50% of the initial extra damage. 15 second CD.

{W}Frost Clout:
Cascade's attacks slow the target's movement speed by (Rank: x/x/x/x/x %, for 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds). While under the effects of Frost Clout, Cascade cannot use Gale Buffet. 25 second CD.

{E}Gale Buffet:
Cascade gains an extra (Rank x/x/x/x/x%-- less than Frost Clout) movement speed for 3 seconds. If Cascade strikes an enemy Champion, nearby allies gain this boost as well, and the duration is increased by 1 second up to a maximum of 6 seconds total for each individual Champion. Minions grant half of this effect. While under the effects of Gale Buffet, Cascade cannot use Frost Clout. 25 second CD.

{R}Inferno:
Cascade sets out a massive blaze in a shape of a star (shaped like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-P_j4uta_iT...BlastSmall.png), dealing (Rank x/x/x) damage, modified by AP. This deals massive damage, and disorients enemy Champions hit, causing them to walk around aimlessly for (1/1.5/2) seconds. Enemies caught between the lines are affected by Heat Exhaustion, slowing their movement and attack speed for (1/2/3) seconds. 300 second CD, because similar to Karthus and Fiddlesticks, this is devastating if pulled off correctly and should not be usable too often. This is not affected by CD reduction. One second cast time.

EDIT: Due to a great suggestion, Inferno should be closer to a 120 second CD (still unaffected by CD reduction), but lack a large, large range.

Gameplay: Playing as Cascade
Cascade is not meant to be used too too much as a carry early game, and must be careful. Playing defensively is key, until team fights occur, where he excels. Although sustained, he relies on his burst from Earthen Strikes, so he can push a tower, but he should be mindful of what he can do.

When going for the kill, 1v1 (say you have an open area, like the jungle, and for all intents and purposes no one is going to come in and stop you two), he should use Earthen Strikes either in the beginning, the end, or if he can (judgement call) both. Use Gale Buffet to catch up from a fleeing Champion, and Frost Clout to slow afterwards.

In teamfights, where he excels, he should either initiate with Inferno, or wait for someone else to initiate-- which is definitely preferred. If someone else can, he should start by using Inferno to give his team the upper edge. Then, he should use Earthen Strikes on the highest priority target, while he has the chance. Assuming the team fight is won, he should use Gale Buffet to help his team catch up with anyone fleeing (positioning is VITAL here, as if you're in the back of a fight, you may not be able to catch up in time!), and then use Frost Clout to ensure the kill. Assuming the team fight is lost and a retreat is necessary, he should use Gale Buffet and save the team by attacking one of their Champions, to get everyone away. He may be forced to sacrifice himself.

Frost Clout and Gale Buffet may seem redundant with each other, but they have entirely different purposes. Gale Buffet is for catching up to the enemy, while Frost Clout slows them. Frost Clout is more for 1v1, while Gale Buffet helps your entire team. Also, bear in mind, while one is on CD, the other can be used.

Gameplay: Playing Against Cascade
Cascade may have a lot of CC and a bit of damage, but that's where it ends. If you focus him (mindful of his CC), the team just lost a lot of support. He has no means of shielding himself, so unless the enemy team has say a Lux or a Lulu, he drops, and they can too, as often this will ruin their plans.

1v1, Cascade will have trouble with many champions. Master Yi's Ultimate counters his own abilities, save for Cascade's Ultimate (which has a much longer cooldown). Veigar can stun him in place, ruining his hopes for extra movement speed, or slows-- so can Taric and other stun champions. Cho'gath, if he can time is Vorpal Spikes correctly, can ruin his attempts as well. Lux can slow him, snare him, and shield while Earthen Strikes are up. Skarner can Impale him, using his Gale Buffet against him if he tries to attack, and his Crystal Slashes will slow him until Allies can come to help-- he can also use his Exoskeleton against his Earthen Strikes. Wukong can either help or hinder, depending. A Decoy can either boost Cascade's movement speed with Gale Buffet active, or if used right, can hinder him by making him spend precious time focusing on the wrong target. Ashe can slow and run repeatedly.

1v1, Cascade can also annihilate many champions, even though he excels with his team. Assuming he outdamages, he can take on many melee champions-- though that is very situational. He can also take on many Mages. Ahri, for instance, will have to time her skill shots well, or else he can dodge with Gale Buffet, and kill her. Gragas follows the same suit, as do many Champions relying on skill shots. However, it should be noted that Cascade relies more on attacking the target, while hindering and helping so that his allies can deal more.

Items:
Many items are viable on Cascade. Here are some that should be taken a look at:

Anthene's Unholy Grail: This is a must! Ability Power and CD reduction work amazingly for his abilities. More CD reduction means more speed boosts, slows, and damage.

Boots: There are pretty much two options here. Sorcerer's Boots for more damage, or Boots of Swiftness to aid in his supporting.

Deathfire Grasp: AP, CD reduction, and damage to use when his Earthen Strikes are on CD. A very good buy for Cascade.

Edit: Kage's Lucky Pick would be good to get if you decide to get this, which you should.

Frozen Heart: If you are not doing so well, or your team isn't, in a match, this could be a very good buy. With his Gale Buffet, Frost Clout, and this, there's a lot of aid going out. It also grants you survivability, should the enemy team be focusing you.

Hextech Gunblade: This is mainly if you are struggling for kills. This grants you Spell Vamp and Life Steal, both you can use, while giving you a ranged slow-- a bit redundant with both Frost Clout and Gale Buffet, but good nonetheless.

Nashor's Tooth: Attack Damage may not be as useful as Ability Power due to Cascade's Passive, but Attack Speed is greatly welcomed. So is AP, so is CD reduction. A very nice item.

Rylai's: I am putting this here as an item to NOT buy. It may seem useful if you are hurt, but it is redundant with his abilities. Bad idea. Need survivability? Get something else.

Lich Bane: Good damage, extra movement speed, but really just preferred if you need the Magic Resist. Otherwise, build this later-- consider getting Sheen earlier.

Design:
Are you tired of reading so much yet? I'll make this short, sweet, and simple then. He's an elemental being (similar to Anivia I suppose, or Xerath), that has an earthen chest, fiery legs, frosty arms, and a head of wind. He wields two maces (HEY!!, we need a Pentakill Drummer skin. Karthus sings, Mord Guitars, Sona does her thing, I'm missing one I think, and where's the drummer?!), which are just normal maces, but change color-- they glow-- depending on the attacks he is currently using. The glow red right after Inferno is casted.

What's next?:
Input!!! I would love to hear your guys' thoughts on this! And finally, thank you so much for taking the time to read this!

Punjabiknight

09-13-2012

This Char seems awesome I really hope they bring to life on the fields of battle keep up the good work only suggestion is for the ult if you make it a smaller area of effect then turn the cd down to an average cd rate it would be more Viable and make him more of a true caster and less likely to become on auto ban char like Karthus and some others that have whole map ults. I like the idea of it though just needs to be smaller but I would love playing this char not op but not weak good concept good luck!!

Best Furry NA

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabiknight View Post
This Char seems awesome I really hope they bring to life on the fields of battle keep up the good work only suggestion is for the ult if you make it a smaller area of effect then turn the cd down to an average cd rate it would be more Viable and make him more of a true caster and less likely to become on auto ban char like Karthus and some others that have whole map ults. I like the idea of it though just needs to be smaller but I would love playing this char not op but not weak good concept good luck!!
Definitely sounds good!

I appreciate your support so much, and I'll add that in immediately, as it's a great idea! Thank you!

Best Furry NA

09-14-2012

Bump; still looking for suggestions/thoughts/comments!

Best Furry NA

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
Bump; still looking for suggestions/thoughts/comments!

Altoration

09-14-2012

This sounds like a great champion Idea, would love to see added to the game.

Best Furry NA

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabtr View Post
This sounds like a great champion Idea, would love to see added to the game.
Thank you!!!

Best Furry NA

09-15-2012

Bumping again.

Best Furry NA

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
Bumping again.
This.

Tamur

09-15-2012

Does he use mana/rage/energy?