Convince me Teemo isn't a terrible champion...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

No point in trying to convince you. Even if people state why they like him and why he performs well, you're going to state your opinion is otherwise.

He performs his role well. He counters several champions hard. He gives a lot of map awareness (Oh no, oracles counters) well I'd like to see an oracles see INTO a bush before they facecheck the shroom. And if they destroy your shroom it still tells you where they are. He's great, and a VERY strong laner.

Alumenlux

09-14-2012

A good Teemo is pretty scary to all melee autoattack champs without an Irelia-like gap closer or Yorick-like sustain lol

JIRK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

Im a teemo player. No i dont swear by him but i do enjoy playing him. He is a great counter to many ADC cuz of his blind. While they are blind you and your team kills the ADC erasing TONs of damage that would have been dealt.. then as AP teemo, your Blind really does a number on you, ur poison hurts pretty bad, and your shrooms is like an AoE DoT that hurts like hell. The shroom damage for me can get over 1k damage over time., That plus the burst from his Q and the DoT of his E, he can be quite annoying. plus he is a little fast bugger sometimes xD

Cyber Dragon

09-17-2012

I play Teemo as my main in both normal and unranked PvP and I can easily rack up an average of 20-30 kills a match with a team that isn't complaining about him before the match starts.

I can easily gank enemy teams to the point of rage quitting due to them becoming less focused or I can cause an entire team to focus solely on me allowing my teammates to backdoor them.

Oh for the record I build Teemo with AP in mind and can easily get it as high as 833 on a full build and fully fed Soulstealer.

ProtusK

09-17-2012

Sure teemo counters many top laners on paper, but in reality this just isn't true most of the time. Any top laner with a gap closer can win their lane against a teemo as he is just too squishy. Early game you obviously will get out poked against a teemo, but that goes for every ranged champion. However there's a reason you don't see any ranged carries go top, and that's because they tend to be squishy, or are ineffective if they build bruiser items.

Remembering where teemo's shrooms have been placed and aggresively jumping onto teemo to duel him after level 3ish is the way to play against him. He shouldn't yet have any items like phage to kite with, and he should lose an all out duel against most bruisers.

However the main problem with teemo is he is one of the most useless top laners for team fights. He can't initiate, he can't properly burst down the ap/ad carries in the back, he can't tank. All he can do is put out damage to the nearest champion to him, and that's a job already taken by the AD carry. What I'm trying to get at is with the current meta having a tankier and more cc heavy team is heaps more beneficial, something teemo completely lacks. You don't often see someone like Vayne go as a bruiser top laner even though she could effectively kite champions as well, because she's just not suited for the job overall.

Duskofdead

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conopolyman View Post
I don't see how he could counter Darius, Darius does so much damage with spells, + his hemmorage, he should dominate Teemo. Malph does a lot of spell damage as well.

People pick Teemo against Riven too, but I always beat Teemo as Riven. I just don't understand it.

If Teemo can't blind it, he gets wrecked.
The thing I despise about Darius is that all he has to do is catch you once, or get up close to you once and you'll probably die even if you're a better player or do more damage. He just get you to about 39% health and R you. That's how it feels when looking at the healthbars anyway. You frequently "lose" the fight (die) even if you "won" the fight by doing more/better damage/faster damage.

IncendiarySpade

09-17-2012

Twisted Treeline.. he just wins ... no matter what.

Menkyo

09-17-2012

AP/AS hybrid Teemo can counter all of the following champs completely if played right: Top Lane: Trynd, Darius, Volibear, Malphite, Nasus, Xin, Jax, Jarvan, Panth (though he is pretty difficult), Garen, Hecarim, Irelia (another hard one, but doable), Morde early game if you play aggressive, Riven, Renekton, Sion, and WW.

In top lane Akali, Wukong, Yorick, Talon, Singed are some champs who should have a very easy fight against Teemo. Don't forget that he pretty much counters every ADC out there as well because he can negate a huge chunk of their dmg, slow them down, and is already faster than any of them.

The biggest down side is that any caster with targeted abilities will kill you in a bout 0.5 seconds lol.

Menkyo

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtusK View Post
Sure teemo counters many top laners on paper, but in reality this just isn't true most of the time. Any top laner with a gap closer can win their lane against a teemo as he is just too squishy. Early game you obviously will get out poked against a teemo, but that goes for every ranged champion. However there's a reason you don't see any ranged carries go top, and that's because they tend to be squishy, or are ineffective if they build bruiser items.

Remembering where teemo's shrooms have been placed and aggresively jumping onto teemo to duel him after level 3ish is the way to play against him. He shouldn't yet have any items like phage to kite with, and he should lose an all out duel against most bruisers.

However the main problem with teemo is he is one of the most useless top laners for team fights. He can't initiate, he can't properly burst down the ap/ad carries in the back, he can't tank. All he can do is put out damage to the nearest champion to him, and that's a job already taken by the AD carry. What I'm trying to get at is with the current meta having a tankier and more cc heavy team is heaps more beneficial, something teemo completely lacks. You don't often see someone like Vayne go as a bruiser top laner even though she could effectively kite champions as well, because she's just not suited for the job overall.
Lvl 3ish duels with any good AP/AS top Teemo will not end well for a bruiser because they do no dmg for the first couple seconds of the fight and unless they have a very strong slow Teemo is easily going to escape them after the blind wears off with his dmg already done. After lvl 6 I tend to always have 1 mushroom ready to go incase I get charged. I drop it right behind me and dodge back with W or flash if really needed. Though in most cases I don't need to flash unless the jungler is ganking.

As for team fights AP/AS Teemo will absolutely shred any ADC it's just a matter of getting around the enemy team to the backline. AP casters will own Teemo, but definitely not an ADC.

Thorston13

09-17-2012

Teemo is a great counter for many Top, but his main use would be taking out the AD carry out early game and melting tanks away at mid/late game.

I do Madreds/Malady/Frozen Mallet as Core items, the other depend on the enemy team, he's a tank melter just like Kogmaw/Kayle/WW. If you're getting taken down as teemo, either you're doing it wrong, you're going to them and not caring or they just do a 3man gank on you.

Believe me, Teemo with those 3 items can melt any resistances fast, and since the poison does magic damage it scales with the malady better, the Madreds stacks with the poison, i have to be clear here, im not sure "stacking" is the right term for what happens.
The Frozen Mallet is CC since you don't have any real slows if you can't make them walk thought those Mushrooms.
Whenever he's free, play him like that and you'll get an idea.
Hope i give an answer.