Convince me Teemo isn't a terrible champion...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xentorx

09-13-2012

lol thats coz it was on TT versing Ranged Champs not Melee..... Helps if you knew what the matchup was...

Treza

09-13-2012

explain to me why someone should explain anything to a random

Reathien

09-13-2012

Teemo has a very good kit, that allows to him effectively push top lane forever. With Shrooms to ward, his stealth to wait out the enemy team, and if they have an oracles/find him quickly, he can sprint away for over 500 MS with only boots 2.
He can effectively ambush people who enter his lane, and an effective build for him would be > Berserker's Greaves/Wits End/Malady/Nashors Tooth/madreds Bloodrazors/Frozen Mallet. Its a simple, quite common build, but it gets the job done. His high magic damage early on from mushrooms and poisons can beat alot of common top laners. He has an edge over Renekon, Darius, Tryn, Jayce and Malphite. He can also fair very well against the other more common top lanes, but he has some trouble with Kayle, Vladmir and Kennen.

In my opinion Teemos true place is not with the team, he belongs top lane, drawing the enemies attention and securing and warding the baron area. He can backdoor quite well and be in the enemies base before the rest of the team.

Skilltestingman

09-13-2012

Convince me you're not a terrible player

ragefckmyeye

09-13-2012

I can honestly say, from a perspective of 3s, and sometimes in 5, that people play teemo just to piss people off. Like honestly teemo makes me rage, really really rage. He'll nuke an adc if he catches them off gaurd. If I run through multiple shrooms, I'm like ermergerd teemo I hate you. In 3s he's just rediculous.. He's a camping little ****** and it pisses me off lol. As far as a logical answer to your question goes, his ability set makes it hard to do damage to him, he does indeed counter darius because he's too fast. A few points in his w, should make it impossible to get to him, that and if he plays his shrooms correctly, when you run at him, you should be slowed, although if he does happen to slip up and get grabbed he should die, but a good teemo shouldn't let that happen. Same with riven, he should be running away right when he sees riven coming at him. I think the hardest counter to him would probably be jax just cuz he can leap then stun him.

Sancctus

09-13-2012

I used to play Teemo a lot when I was really new. He was my first Champ, and I even got my first Quadra with him. I did well early.
Skip a head a few summoner levels and everything changed. I started seeing more people that would jump on me when going into blind to take advantage of my squishiness, as apposed to letting me get a hit off, then trying to come in, then run when they saw I was winning the fight. That's when I really learned a lot about the game and limitations of dueling. Most AD champs 1v1 will destroy Teemo by baiting blind, or like Darius, just wait it out this way. I feel that Teemo is played like that a lot, over confident. His kiting ability combined with high damage, make him hard for melee, yet people let their face get beat in.
Personally now, If I see a Teemo on the other team, I go out of my way to get the free kill, mostly depending on how they build. Teemo can be effective, but the problem is that early game he is SO squishy that he gets dominated in lane. I still see Attack Speed/AP, Hybrid, On-hit, whatever you want to call it Teemo's doing well.
Aside from the obviously support uses of him (blind, shrooms, stealth), he can be useful all game long. Imho, there are alot of people that don't play him correctly. Because of this he can get a bad name easy (like any champ) and I suggest if your interest is peaked, to get him. He's cheap! Try out some builds before taking anyone else's ideas as you never know. He very well may fit your playstyle. A well played Teemo can change the outcome of the game, weather it be getting that double from shrooms for the ace, or shutting down a carry. I wouldn't pick him blindy in most cases, unless I knew my team mates. He counters a lot of champs, so in a draft pick situation he becomes a smart choice against AD heavy or even tanky heavy teams if building on-hit.
So in the end, the player makes the champ. I can sneak around the back of the team fight, and focus their fed carry down before they can react then speed boost/shroom away and join my team. If you get far enough ahead, you can just stand there invisible while they run past you! If you're looking for a champ that just runs into team fights and destroys everyone, try someone with lots of AoE damage like Brand. There is no good or bad champ for any one game because the teams, players and situations are different every time. Like any champ he can excel or be shut down. I should note that I always played him as attack speed/on-hit/AP. This made my shrooms do moderate damage and my auto attacks wreck.

P.S. I felt this was too long so I took a lot of the info out. Mainly more detail supporting my arguments, and as I said I feel you should give a champ a chance before you judge it because if one person plays it badly, that doesn't mean that it won't be a better fit for you. Just wanted to say that before I got eaten up by people for sharing my opinion.

Edit: I also meant to put in that like any ranged carry he is squishy, but proper positioning, knowing when you engage, and even tanks protecting you make all the difference. You jump on any carry and think, "wow that champ sucks, I just 2 shotted it!". However you should pick your battles right, and focus the right targets to succeed. That's just normal practice for any carry. I can't stress that enough, an out of line Teemo is always going to look bad when he dies in 1.2 seconds while his team mates sigh, running away.

MoreMedz

09-13-2012

Teemo is not a terrible champion, Zilean is...oh wait...there is that top play video with a Zilean getting a pentakill. Well, then Evelynn is...I guess after her buff, AP Eve is quite deadly. Oh yeah, definitely Poppy, being practically unplayed and all...except her late game is insane. Lulu! Lulu...worst win/loss ratio out of all supports...but then again...

Sometimes, it is easier to just quote Panzerfaust:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
TL;DR: Just play the damn game.

jadelink

09-14-2012

Teemo is situationaly useful. He CAN be an AD carry, but his short range means he falls below par in this role. Far more useful is a top lane teemo, where his blind and range can let him hold his own vs a lot of bruisers. His invisibility comes in handy top lane when he doesnt want to fight but doesnt want to be zoned.

Phage and frozen mallet are popular there, as they let him kite a lot of bruisers to death, and give him the tankyness late game to avoid being burst down in a second. Then he either builds 'on hit', AD or AP (hopefully as needed by the team).

Teemo going mid usually means a badly lost mid at any reasonable level of skill, as blind does nothing to a mage other than a low amount of damage.

A lot of people think his passive is next to useless, forgetting that it grants 2 secs of 40% as. The shrooms are a lot less useful in more skilled games, as the wards get thick, and people get oracles.

Sadly, the amount of bad Teemo playing out there is huge, and most teemo's you meet in solo queue will be playing a terribly below par game. I attribute this to his cue but annoying nature, and the fact that so many people used him to counter Tryndamere, as he rampaged through their entire team at lvl 15. (I did this, and came to like Teemo from that point).

CourtOfMiracles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

Build full tank, use your global taunt.

Never underestimate the power of the scouts code!

PYUR

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conopolyman View Post
To preface, I have never played Teemo.

I have several friends who swear by Teemo, and seem to think that he is the ultimate counter to like, half of top lane.

I, on the other hand, smile and fist pump when I see a Teemo on the other team, because I know it's a free win.

I feel like his only use is for his blind, and he gets free wards from himself. There is nothing apart from these that any champion can't do infinitely better.

The only champ I feel like Teemo counters is Tryndamere... Any champion that does significant damage with abilities will absolutely dominate Teemo....

Late game, Teemo just melts. hardly contributes a thing to a team fight.

AP Teemo is a gimmick I feel, if you can't lure the other team into a field of shrooms, it's like you are playing 4v5.

Please explain how people think this champion is worth choosing.
Well, as of recently, he wins more than he loses. So that has to say something.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/teemo#statistics