No more IP rewards for Tribunal cases?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

For I Own Ya

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesyaj View Post
I feel like this was a really bad call Riot.
I understand people probably took advantage of the IP system somehow, but taking it off completely just took away many player's incentive for doing the Tribunal.
You got a say in whether or not a particular player should be on the game, and if you chose wisely you got a very small reward.

I really do like the Tribunal system. It's great to feel like you have a say in who stays and goes in the community, but the fact that there's a timer on every case (I mention this because several cases are quickly open and shut), and there are up to ten cases you can do, it takes up quite a bit of time...

I took every case I read on the Tribunal seriously, yet the reason I was there was because I was being rewarded for contributing to helping make a better community.

Removing the IP reward from Tribunal cases almost feels like you don't take our opinions as seriously anymore. ...Or maybe it's just the opposite?

That being said I'll probably still use the Tribunal to get bad players off of the game and to see how the new Justice Review and Hall of Justice features work... but I still think you should replace some sort of IP reward in the future. I read the article on Surrender@20 so I know this is still experimental, but I don't know who thought it was a good idea in the first place.

To people that don't know what I'm referring to, there's an article on Surrender @ 20. I'm a day late so this may be old news but still.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/09...40507440836203

Oh yeah and can you add something to the Tribunal so we can see if someone got reported in a bot game?
If I ever find out that I'm reviewing an "Intentionally Feeding" case (Or something that's not Offensive Language or Verbal Abuse) and it was a bot game it's usually an insta pardon for me...
4. Punish bad behavior, Not poor playing

,,Being bad at the game isn't a punishable offense. You should be looking at more than the score or item build to determine a verdict. A player purchasing flagrantly bad items is another thing entirely. Use your judgment to discern between bad players and trolling." Learn what to punish and what not. Not bad players, but bad behavior towards others.

Skaterma

10-27-2012

noooooooooo

Omnislash GG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

So eh. Riot doesn't want to pay for mods, so they have the community do it. Community does it for reward. Riot takes away award. People still do it, because it's the "right thing".

Riot profits. Yay?

Also, I am a person who is motivated by the reward, but also took great care in judging cases. I was not opposed to losing a bit of IP for judging cases "wrong" because I did what I felt was right. But to take away the entire reward system is an insult. If they're doing it for testing purposes, then I suppose there's no reason to do it again until the rewards are reinstated.

Gynxz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I understand the "do it to help the community" mentality BUT the biggest incentive to help the community is Riot's PROFIT. Riot profits from a great community more than we do and still we are the ones doing the heavy lifting.

As much as Im a PRO helping... I also think they are the primary responsible for making LoL a fun game, community included, so...we review the cases and they profit? Instead of we getting some IP (that hurts their $$ a bit) while helping them have a better game (increasing their $$).

tl;dr
It's a win-win for them even with us getting rewarded for our effort. We are in this boat together and you want ME to be the only one rowing?

3rdStorm

11-08-2012

I took tribunal seriously. did it a few times a week. But not that the incentive is gone. I ve only done a few time when im really bored. I know it selfish... just being honest. Im sure there is many more like myself.

The incentive could be non IP tho. summoner icon or something else would be fine. It just feels like work and working for free isnt fun.

Tethin

11-08-2012

I am so glad the ip is gone.

Sharkb8

11-08-2012

I started when there was no IP given-or at least I haven't received any yet. Either way, I did it to help the community. IP reward? My reward is knowing that I have to play with less D-bags everyday, and I'm just flippin' peachy with that!

LeitKinG

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus Crow View Post
Said it multiple times before: If you are doing tribunal for IP you are doing it for the wrong reason.
Just a question, u clean the watercloseth on shoppings, bars, restaurants, mc donalds, etc, when u use it? u did clean up the bathroom of that comerces? they tryng to get some1 ppl do the work of suports... yes, you are cooperating with the comunity... but...they have that job, and riot pays them for that... and u helping them free when the system is so bad... i dont think so..

kaleb bartlett

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Popes Face View Post
Well... the main reason I do the tribunal is now gone. I mainly do it for the extra IP while I que for games.
I think I reach a very fair judgement each time. In every case I review all the games and read all the logs. I understand that some people abuse the tribunal, but there are better ways to fix this issue.

-1 @ riot
don't let the door hit ya on the butt on the way out.

Zergyo2

01-15-2013

Tribunal system needs to be reworked. The past 3 days i've primarily just hit "punish" out of pure anger of being reported all the time myself. To my surprise my justice rating has only increased! I'm currently sitting at 1400 justice rating while numerous players who don't deserve bans are receiving them anyway. Does no on see the flaw in this? IM DROPPIN THE BAN HAMMER.. because for some reason riot empowers me to do so.