No more IP rewards for Tribunal cases?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeOLinG

10-05-2012

So, wait, just to tldr your post:

tldr; I'm only willing to help the community if I get something out of it other than knowing I'm helping the community.

treef0rm

10-05-2012

Well, the main reason that I started the Tribunal was because I saw the big IP for doing cases sign, but then I realised I was helping to clean the community up by doing it. I took it seriously and did it almost everyday, for both helping the community, and getting that extra ip out of it. Recently tribunal has been in recess a lot so I stopped doing it so much, and now this is a bit of a bummer losing the ip.
I'll still tribunal though just not as often without ip bonuses on top of the satisfaction of removing trolls.

Xander756

10-05-2012

If you get IP rewarded for being right, they should take IP away if you are wrong.

Rrsuperman

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesyaj View Post
I feel like this was a really bad call Riot.
I understand people probably took advantage of the IP system somehow, but taking it off completely just took away many player's incentive for doing the Tribunal.
You got a say in whether or not a particular player should be on the game, and if you chose wisely you got a very small reward.

I really do like the Tribunal system. It's great to feel like you have a say in who stays and goes in the community, but the fact that there's a timer on every case (I mention this because several cases are quickly open and shut), and there are up to ten cases you can do, it takes up quite a bit of time...

I took every case I read on the Tribunal seriously, yet the reason I was there was because I was being rewarded for contributing to helping make a better community.

Removing the IP reward from Tribunal cases almost feels like you don't take our opinions as seriously anymore. ...Or maybe it's just the opposite?

That being said I'll probably still use the Tribunal to get bad players off of the game and to see how the new Justice Review and Hall of Justice features work... but I still think you should replace some sort of IP reward in the future. I read the article on Surrender@20 so I know this is still experimental, but I don't know who thought it was a good idea in the first place.

To people that don't know what I'm referring to, there's an article on Surrender @ 20. I'm a day late so this may be old news but still.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/09...40507440836203

Oh yeah and can you add something to the Tribunal so we can see if someone got reported in a bot game?
If I ever find out that I'm reviewing an "Intentionally Feeding" case (Or something that's not Offensive Language or Verbal Abuse) and it was a bot game it's usually an insta pardon for me...
I obviously cannot speak for everyone, however imho people shouldn't need an IP incentive to visit and regularly use the Tribunal. If the community as a whole is as avid as I am about doing what we can about "toxic" players, then just making sure you have a say should be reward enough.

As far as your comment about the timer, I actually think it should be a little longer, perhaps 90 to 120 seconds. I've never spent any less than 2 minutes going over a Case Sheet (and that was only when there was very little chat to read), and sometimes I'll be going over one Case Sheet for well over 5 minutes.

This person could potentially be permabanned for their offense, and you're judgement does play a factor, even though Riot is the "executioner" for the actual ban or pardon, and you really need to think about that when going over anyone's case. Does this person REALLY deserve your judgement?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, not all Cases are black and white, I've come across many that have tons of gray in between.

PianYi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2012

I think there should be ip rewards for only those who has 80% + of results from cases... if you have less than 80% for sure you are a BOT or something, but if you are higher than 80% then for sure you are taking things for serious as "I was". Also the honorable should be counted in... it was a great idea to put those points of honorable and stuff because I see more people being nice and polite in-game.
I'm saying this not just on behalf on doing things for "ip" it is also to reward those who are doing things right.

Zhaitan

10-06-2012

Taking away IP was the best decision Riot has ever made.

People no longer go to the tribunal and spend 3 minutes pressing "punish" over and over again in hopes to earn in game credit.

Now the people judging the cases are those who "want to make the community better" (or just people who enjoy being part of others' demises), thus, making more accurate decisions.

Ghan04

10-06-2012

It's also interesting to note that part of the reason that the rewards are being taken away is for research reasons. Lyte and Team Player Behavior are really interested (and so am I!) in seeing how the accuracy as well as other Tribunal stats change a result of removing the rewards. Lyte has not ruled out reinstating rewards at a later time, either. This is just one more experiment being conducted, and one more experiment where I'm interested in seeing the results.

BEERS FOR FEARS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Eh, I'm glad it got taken away. There's nothing wrong with wanting a reward but imo I would prefer people judging Tribunal cases who are only doing it to better the community than solely doing it because they get a reward out of it. I know I do it for that reason anyways.

Unbeatabledeath

10-22-2012

no if your telling me that i am doing something for no rewards at all sorry i wont do it. cause no matter how many people i punish in tribunal it will never make a difference cause they will just come back unless riot decides to be strict and say 2 bans = PERMA BAN if you get ban once that should be enough warning sorry i played around 1500 match which is not a lot. i number of games i left are under 5 because i wont play unless i know for sure i got enough time to end it. never trolled. yes i have feed and sometime still do not intentionally but it happens. i really dont get why it is so hard for riots to pick out people who leave go afk quit or troll intentionally. yea harassing and verbal abuse that hard to decide but AFker leaves is seriously soo easy..

Swine Boy

10-22-2012

Total conflict of interest, I couldn't believe they were doing this when I first heard it.

Then again, otherwise it will be only the butthurt who's votes are cast in the holy Tribunal.