No more IP rewards for Tribunal cases?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dinare

09-14-2012

Lol, I thought it was 30. Cool, I'm closer than I thought I was. Thanks for correcting me.

Anaxamander

09-14-2012

They were saying that they're pulling the IP reward for now as part of an experiment to attempt to improve it. I'm all for improvements to the tribunal, personally. How about you?

Xaerie

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesyaj View Post
I feel like this was a really bad call Riot.
I understand people probably took advantage of the IP system somehow, but taking it off completely just took away many player's incentive for doing the Tribunal.
You got a say in whether or not a particular player should be on the game, and if you chose wisely you got a very small reward.

I really do like the Tribunal system. It's great to feel like you have a say in who stays and goes in the community, but the fact that there's a timer on every case (I mention this because several cases are quickly open and shut), and there are up to ten cases you can do, it takes up quite a bit of time...

I took every case I read on the Tribunal seriously, yet the reason I was there was because I was being rewarded for contributing to helping make a better community.

Removing the IP reward from Tribunal cases almost feels like you don't take our opinions as seriously anymore. ...Or maybe it's just the opposite?

That being said I'll probably still use the Tribunal to get bad players off of the game and to see how the new Justice Review and Hall of Justice features work... but I still think you should replace some sort of IP reward in the future. I read the article on Surrender@20 so I know this is still experimental, but I don't know who thought it was a good idea in the first place.

To people that don't know what I'm referring to, there's an article on Surrender @ 20. I'm a day late so this may be old news but still.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/09...40507440836203

Oh yeah and can you add something to the Tribunal so we can see if someone got reported in a bot game?
If I ever find out that I'm reviewing an "Intentionally Feeding" case (Or something that's not Offensive Language or Verbal Abuse) and it was a bot game it's usually an insta pardon for me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koillu View Post
Just as I was thinking that the Tribunal was doing a slow job at taking ragers out of the game, you slow down the process even more by taking out most of the incencitive to do the Tribunal, wow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourescence View Post
Yep, I don't get money for it so why should I do it. If that is the view of the players, they deserve to get trolled by trolls.

Incorrect. They're actually doing themselves a favor by getting rid of the people who solely did it for "money" and are doing it for the sake of getting rid of the people who make the community a painstaking atmosphere. Besides, they're transitioning pretty well by allowing the IP rewards to continue until September and I'm sure they are happy to cut the losses they'll get from people who "only do it for the money."

I'm absolutely sick of the people who go into games with this disgusting vocabulary filled with only insults. I hope the Tribunal makes a huge difference on the community. Taking away the IP incentive will also weed out most of the trolls who pardon people or punish people for no good reason.

The Tribunal is an important aspect of LoL and should be taken more seriously. I'm personally excited to see the accuracy ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMyung View Post
Have you considered giving away exclusive skins to the top 100 or something along the lines? That would make being active in the tribunal very appealing.
This is a wonderful idea. Something simple such as the skins that we get for "liking" or "subscribing" to Riot on certain social media web sites. I believe if it were something they implemented that there should be large stipulations such as the person's accuracy needing to be above a certain percentage...etc.

Also - this discussion is better placed in General and has already been discussed by a Riot here.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=ip+reward

NeverLostBefore

09-27-2012

funny i was just gonna make a thread complaining about not enough ip from tribunal

Kagami

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander View Post
They were saying that they're pulling the IP reward for now as part of an experiment to attempt to improve it. I'm all for improvements to the tribunal, personally. How about you?
This the IP reward removal is to test the new system, it may or may not come back depending on the results of the experiment.

Arcticfury

10-04-2012

Wanting a very small reward (5 IP was very small) while trying to improve the community is not wrong. I want to be paid to go to work. We teach our children that they are rewarded for their good actions. Even our government pays you for doing your civil duty of jury duty, and that's saying something. Wanting just the IP was wrong if and only if you spammed, but you can't possibly think that everyone that wants IP just spam votes and logs off.

Easy answer, keep the IP reward, but make a minimum of 50 cases in any period with an 80% correct percentage necessary to receive the reward. BAM, simple answer, remove trolls, keep the honest yet motivated voters, and improve the system all at once. Everyone is happy, unless the IP reward results in a smaller purchase of RP overall...Then I guess RIOT loses and we know the real motivation behind this change.

VroomVrooms

10-04-2012

I'm glad they got rid of the reward system.

xXSilentScreamXx

10-05-2012

I'm also glad they got rid of it. I think it was a fantastic idea on Riot's part to give case reviewers feedback on their past cases, and I think it's a really good way to stop the punish spammers.

Elegencia

10-05-2012

I am going to miss it. That being said, it will not change my Tribunal habits. The truth is that the Tribunal is only reason I ever began playing LoL to begin with. I had heard a friend mention a community-judged system for user abuse and thought "now there's a product I can get behind!" I will continue to cast votes on cases even if it means I have to PAY IP to do so.

Such personal feelings aside, I do believe there was some merit in the reward system. If a troll wishes to go into the Tribunal and pardon everyone he at least had some incentive to reach a proper verdict. Then again, a handful of IP probably wouldn't compare to the troll's thrill of trolling anyhow.

Curious to see what this new experiment shall entail

Cliftonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

I actually got awarded for doing 60 cases so far, 300ip.