Ezreal or what?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neonir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Okay, Ive played for a bit with the cho gath / sivir I bought happily. Now I've earned myself 5285 IP now, I had planned to buy ezreal. but first I want a proper run down of the post nerf Ezreal because I don't want to be spending 6300 too rashly.

So: what is the new ezreal like, what are his abilities like, how do they work, are they any good what items would I get and what play style does he require?

Secondly: Is he still worth getting?? Should I buy Kog maw / Kass / Morgana?
(I will not get amumu! I refuse! I also refuse to buy: Pantheon, twitch, miss fortune or Taric.
Don't ask me why, I just hate them.)

EmergencyCombo

09-21-2010

Nerfs really weren't that bad. Someone on the forums did all the math and posted the results. With all of the buffs it lowered his overall damage by 4% which really isn't that much. Like Elementz has said many times "Ezreal with the red lizard buff is still the most broken thing in the game."

I wouldn't buy a 6300 character with IP. If you can, buy some Riot Points and purchase the expensive characters that way unless you're absolutely dead set on playing them. Ezreal is definitely not an easy champion to play despite what most people say. Make sure you at least watch some videos first of him and get to know him before you decide to spend on all of that IP on him.

Kog'maw is most definitely the best champion in the game right now. I'm sure he'll be nerfed with next weeks patch. He still might be the best though.

Kiryu

09-21-2010

I would suggest trying out each of the champions while they are free, then picking the one which fits your playstyle best. Ezreal is still a good choice. Kass will take some effort before you become good with him. Most champions are not a pick-up-and-pwn, and some have a steeper learning curve than others. So, wait for the Free Week to play them, then decide if they are worth the price. Otherwise you will be stuck with a 6300 IP champion that you don't like and will never play again.

As a side note, before you spend money getting RP for champions, look into purchasing the champion bundles which have 20 champions each. It can save you a good bit of cash and time.

EmergencyCombo

09-21-2010

^ what he said. If you haven't bought that many champions, look into getting a champion bundle.

PRNmeds

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Ezreal really hasn't changed that much, when playing him, he handles exactly like he used to. He is all about skill shots, which can be a lot of fun.

playshin

09-21-2010

All of Ez's abilities are skillshots (e.g. skills that shoots to the direction of the cursor instead of to the target champion/monster directly), so if you hate skillshots i don't recommend getting him. If you're not sure I recommend trying him when he's free first though.

As for the items, Ezes usually go AD or AP, with more people going AD right now i think. AD Ez is one of my mains, and I usually go Manamune for the mana regen, then Black Cleaver, then Stark's, and the other 2 items depend on how the game goes. For his Boots I usually go Mercury's.

Whether you play AD or AP Ez, either way he's a squishy. He's not meant to take damage. Usually Ez deals damage from a safe position and let other (or no, if possible) people take the damage. His E skill helps a lot in escaping/chasing.

Although he got nerfed, he's still a very good champion. Definitely worth getting IMO, but it really depends on your playstyle though. It's harder to bring the best out of a champion if he/she isn't suited to your playstyle.