Good thing we can't queue dodge ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Troll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Time for a QQ rant. I play a solo ranked (yeah, always duo, but it's late and no one is on), player X takes Singed. Does horrible, feeds all game purely out of bad play, entire team yells at him for constant diving, running into fights 1v2-5, etc. Trying to politely coach him a little bit, but extremely frustrating to lose because of one person.

K, fine, whatever. Queue up for the next game-same player on our team, picks Kog who is somehow not banned. Gives up four kills in under 10 minutes at mid to Anivia, doesn't respond to anyone on chat, literally precipitates the loss of the entire team.

Why is there no blacklist? Why do we get an auto-loss for dodging ranked? give me a 20 minute penalty so I only do it when it's absolutely necessary, but at my 1300 elo hell, I am starting to play with a lot of the same names that I already KNOW are horrible teammates.

Hell, somehow, someway, I'll often see a team where it's four physical carry picks in a row or something equally awful. Even more often than that, a teammate will reveal themselves to be completely useless/trolling their own team in chat long before the game even starts. Why am I not allowed to save myself the inevitable loss and frustration of a 25 minute game?

It isn't like this is some rare occurrence. Yeah it's a little uncommon to get the same feeder twice in a row, but not twice in the same day of play, and all the other dodge-worthy issues happen frequently as well. At this elo, there is such a massive level of complete unwillingness to cooperate that shows up pre-game chat. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be FORCED to play with those players. There should be penalties, but come on...

/rant. I'm just going completely insane trying to get out of this bracket. Look, everyone says this but I KNOW I am a good player. I never feed, I know what I'm doing, I often play with 1500-1700 players and I hang just fine. I ward, I know my champs, I'm willing to fill whatever gap in my team, I'm almost +70 in normal and I CANNOT BREAK OUT OF THIS ELO. The funny thing is that when I normal queue, almost all the time my teammates and opponents on both sides will be so, so much better than when I join a ~1300 ranked game. I'm about 1:1 win/loss ranked right now and I just feel like I may as well toss a coin on the outcome of the game. Am I alone here? Am I completely off base or what?

Tl;DR We need a way to avoid playing with obviously horrible players in ranked.

On a side note, anyone want to add for duos or even better, some 5's? I promise I'm much better than my elo indicates.

CronoTrig

09-21-2010

il add you for due iv been there just got to 1400 the other day and its still bad. what you sate better be true lol

Arturias

09-21-2010

I'll add you as well. I've had other duo partners who could get me out of the 1300's but they didn't quite cut it in the 1400's. I'm looking for a permanent person who will help me rise to the top.

Solstic

09-21-2010

Maybe Riot can add a temporary avoid list?

A small list with a maximum of 3-5 names being added at once. Players on the list will not be matched up with you on the same team. After X hr(s) the list will automatically remove the names from the list. After that there is a cool down period before you can add the name(s) again. It's not as extreme as a ban/black list and it will help you avoid getting unfavorable teammates multiple game in a row.

Arturias

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstic View Post
Maybe Riot can add a temporary avoid list?

A small list with a maximum of 3-5 names being added at once. Players on the list will not be matched up with you on the same team. After X hr(s) the list will automatically remove the names from the list. After that there is a cool down period before you can add the name(s) again. It's not as extreme as a ban/black list and it will help you avoid getting unfavorable teammates multiple game in a row.
I think that would take to much of the already riot servers capabilities.

MrZann

09-21-2010

I'm pretty sure the logic behind queuedodge = loss in ranked is so people don't constantly do it every time Kog/Mumu/Vlad/whatever gets banned.

CecilRhodes

09-21-2010

..I'd rather have an 30 minutes to hour-ish long timer than a loss for queue dodging ranked. Atleast it'd moderately cut down in the frequency while allowing us to dodge people we KNOW are going to be ****s.

Dr Troll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

I welcome all the adds and I'll let you guys judge how well I play.

I totally understand the logic and I'm definitely not saying remove penalties. They should be there, and they should be harsher than normal. But there should be an option to avoid a player that you know/really think is going to give you a loss without getting an auto-loss. Make it so people can't just dodge whenever they don't get the person they want; give us a blacklist, give us two dodges a day, give us a 20 minute penalty, make it steep. Just make it so that I can avoid the obvious team troller/known feeder/8 year old when I really need to do it.

Dr Troll

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilRhodes View Post
..I'd rather have an 30 minutes to hour-ish long timer than a loss for queue dodging ranked. Atleast it'd moderately cut down in the frequency while allowing us to dodge people we KNOW are going to be ****s.

This. 100% this.

Dr Troll

09-21-2010

Gonna bump this one last time to try and get more adds/maybe hope riot takes notice of our humble thoughts.