Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Screen shots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coffeepot

Recruiter

11-16-2009

Is there a way to take screenshots in game? Or can we only use print screen + paint for now?

looney

11-16-2009

F12 is the screenshot key.
The files are saved as ScreenXX.tga in the \League of Legends\game\ folder.

Image Viewer, if you cannot access the .tga > http://www.irfanview.com/

coffeepot

Recruiter

11-16-2009

I've been using f12 out of habit but I recently check my folders and I only have one SS and it was the most recent SS I've tried to take. Does it automatically overwrite the previous SS's?

L1feVsDeath

11-16-2009

No. It will name them in numerical order.

11-23-2009

I will have to try this out because print screen just gives me a black screen.

Emrot

11-23-2009

Quote:
coffeepot:
I've been using f12 out of habit but I recently check my folders and I only have one SS and it was the most recent SS I've tried to take. Does it automatically overwrite the previous SS's?

Yes.

The game overwrites the last screenshot you've taken every time you try to take a new one.

Moral of the story: Take two screenshots every time. That way you'll have a copy when the game overwrites the second one.