Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bots and skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JIRK

09-13-2012

So one thing i have REALLY been wondering about is why do bots NOT have skins? Why should they?

In my opinion, all bots should have skins to showcase the available skins from those champions IN GAME, to kind of give those bot players a chance to see if they would like to buy it or not. Also perhaps they arent PLANNING on buying one, but it could push them into the whole "OMG THAT SKIN IS AWESOME! I must have!" Putting skins on bots would really help the profit of LoL go up from what i see.

Why shouldnt they have skins? Well the way i see it for the same reason, to simply showcase that particular champ with how they are and the way they are played from buying right off the bat. So people basically not only get to see what the champ does but looks naturally.

For these reasons, i believe about 3/5 bots per game should randomly have a random skin. Just a suggestion!

Sephïroth

09-13-2012

I have no opinion on this. Its cool either way.

Why comment then? Because I'm obnoxious.

NerubFTW

09-13-2012

i agree if people were to see the bots with skins then they would more likely buy them.

NoneLikeRob

09-13-2012

For sure man, I know of a few skins I have purchased because I saw other players using them in game. I am weary of buying skins I haven't seen in game no matter how badass they appear to be, so a bot would be a constant way of enticing the masses into buying skins.

Monopoly World

Recruiter

09-13-2012

i think this is a really good idea and i agree with it

Turb0

09-13-2012

There was already a thread about this. Bots don't have skins because it would confuse new players.

Artanog

09-13-2012

I want to fight Nunu bot bot.

Ashlea

09-13-2012

That's a really neat idea.

JIRK

09-13-2012

I have seen all the other threads with their suggestion of the exact same, but want to know the problem? It doesnt seem to have gotten out there much. We need to get riot to realize what kind of money they are missing and how almost all of my friend that have skins have said how they hesistate to buy a skin cuz, lets face it, sometimes the ingame skins dont lead up compared to the loading screen picture. We want to be able to see skins before we buy them, and this will indeed better that chance.

llamasx

09-13-2012

For the new players being confused problem, make it so intermediate bots have skins and beginner bots don't?