Why is Udyr so underplayed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShubNiggurath666

09-21-2010

Many people find him boring from what I understand.

shal128

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub****urath666 View Post
Many people find him boring from what I understand.
Yeah, I play him, but he's kind of boring played the right way (Bloodrazors + survival).

You mostly are a melee auto-atacker with built-in sunfires+ on-hit stun.

I'm thinking on trying Xin Zao or even Akali as jungler (even though they're worse for the team :/) , since Udyr is so boring >_>

Puszy

09-21-2010

Udyr is hard to play, u need to have fast reaction and switch beetween stances, it is not thoughtless champ like garen

Unr3alAnGeR

09-21-2010

Warwick and Olaf are much more fun in the jungle. Udyr would be my third pick though (Amumu = banned).

shal128

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puszy View Post
Udyr is hard to play, u need to have fast reaction and switch beetween stances, it is not thoughtless champ like garen
Udyr is not hard to play (Of course more than garen, but who isn't harder to play than garen? And I'm a garen player, I even have skins for him).

But in most battles you just want to activate phoenix ->bear (or phoenix->turtle->bear if you're not tank enough), then proceed on right-clicking all of the enemies, from most dangerous to less.

Sturmhard

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronolegends View Post
Strumhard:

Runes/Masteries. That is all.
runes? masteries?

ahh.....you mean the overwhelming 3% ms increase in the masteries and the movement speed quints which would replace my quints of fortitude? you sacrifice 150+ life acquired by masteries and runes at lvl 1 for some movement speed.....thats a great idea!
You are STILL not fast enough to call bear a gap closer but you die faster! Nice trade-off....

At the moment i run ghost and flash as summonerspells. That means i dont have to use inefficient movement quints in my setup and i use flash as gap-closer which is the only way imho.

ichi the killer

09-21-2010

The reasons why Udyr is underplayed are simple:
- hard to master
- has a unique gameplay (once you master Udyr, there is no other champ that plays like him. you can't transfer that knowledge to another champ)
- mana hungry early game
- need proper runes in order to jungle/mitigate poor early game (how much Ip you want to invest for a given champ?)
- tiger stance is bad (splitting a hit into 3 hits also splits on hit procs from items such as sheen/trinity force/madred's bloodrazor)
- best build for Udyr is tank Udyr and average LoL'er plays squishy carry

gun fu panda

09-21-2010

Udyr is harder to master than most champions and is overshadowed by Warwick/Amumu as a jungler. His build is not very intuitive, as he is more effective with a tanky build than a carry build. He's a strong jungle pick in a game where WW is drafted and Amumu is banned though.

Hoax

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
he's boring, that's my reason
This.

He was fairly fun at release and Riot decided to change him into spammy spam the spambot and make the only way to play him using his abilities as often as possible. To this day I wish they had gone the other way and made switching stances and more meaningful and tactical choice.

got321321

09-21-2010

he's very good at backdooring lategame. i won't say why but he will be definitly get nerfed soon.