Why is Udyr so underplayed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragels

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunitx View Post
I can see where it would get boring if you're losing but constantly stance dancing to adapt to the situation has such a strange allure.

Also SlyGoat posted in my thread and didn't troll. Its a sign of the apocalypse.
You make it sound like some incredibly intricate procedure.
You pretty much switch between Turtle and Bear during teamfights, add in Phoenix while farming or in a 1v1 fight, and spam Tiger while attacking buildings.

Dunitx

09-20-2010

since I had 40% CDR from constant golem I actually kept up bear, turtle, pheonix through whole team fights. And idk its just how the process seems to me. Could be the lack of sleep.

F1rstAssau1t

09-20-2010

I remember when Udyr was dam good, a single Udyr could carry a team full of bad players. He got nerfed and nobody cared about him anymore.

serverny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Pure melee champion without actual gap closer is kinda too plain and predictable.
Also, since locket was made into a pile of poop you can't perform actual "stance-dance" without Golem (or until deep into lategame) - less button mashing leads to less fun.
I liked old phoenix Udyr build and don't like new one.

Sturmhard

09-21-2010

his lack of ranged abilities and his lack of a real "gap-closer" make him harder and harder to play. because lets face it.......most new heroes have blinks and dashes etc.

This was a problem which you partially "solved" by taking ghost as ability. But Ghost is nerfed now and thx to the new item and sona everyone has now a better ghost and a better bear-stance. So your movement speed plus is now mostly negated. You are basically forced to buy either ghostblade or the new shurelia-item to keep up.

And then there are all the direct and indirect nerfs to Udyr......

Dont get me wrong, he is still strong in the right hands and im mostly doing good with him but you can feel how slowly his usefulness is going away and he just falls back behind the metagame and new champs.

CrAzY Penguin

09-21-2010

Udyr is good: here's my one victory as proof! <.<'

He doesn't contribute enough

UknowsI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

I like to play Udyr, but I have a question about his stance dancing.

Is it still possible to do Phoenix Stance then 3 turtle stance hits and then get phoenix stance proc on first hit when you switch back to Phoenix? I have read about it on the forums but I can't seem to get it to work. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or if they have nerfed it. If it's still working, is there any special trick to do it?

Onlyashadow

09-21-2010

Turning on bear stance is his gap closer

durhur

Also the 4-hit effect from pheonix stance requires you to be in it. The passive aura remains in turtle stance (or any others)

Sturmhard

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyashadow View Post
Turning on bear stance is his gap closer

durhur
Its a really ****ty gap-closer if you dont pop it together with ghost.It helps but you still eat tons of focusdamage and cc if you try to quickly reach a carry. even a small scale slow mostly negates your "gap closer". Its simply not quick enough to compensate for him being pure melee.

Xins dash is a gap closer. Trists rocket jump is a gap closer or Yis alphastrike, but bear stance is a normal movement speed increase. You still have to run to your target and you certainly dont do this with lightningspeed^^

hurdurr

chronolegends

09-21-2010

Strumhard:

Runes/Masteries. That is all.