5 man carry team?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silkdawn

09-13-2012

Allright, I admit, Ive never played carry (to my knowledge), but my question is why isnt everyone playing carry?

Theres of course a few things in my mind. Mostly "Of course this must have been tested and it didnt worked because _________." The blank is the part I havent heard, so could anyone enlighten me?

FaerellG

09-13-2012

Carries require high amounts of farm to be effective and tend to be squishy.

So, 5 carries would end up starving each other out of gold. Maybe 1 or 2 could get fed, but then you have 3 useless teammates that just aren't doing enough damage.

They're also squishy so that if they get stunned and focused, they're as good as dead.

The term "carry" is a misnomer. What you're really looking at are sustained damage champions or DPS champions.

Silkdawn

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Carries require high amounts of farm to be effective and tend to be squishy.

So, 5 carries would end up starving each other out of gold. Maybe 1 or 2 could get fed, but then you have 3 useless teammates that just aren't doing enough damage.

They're also squishy so that if they get stunned and focused, they're as good as dead.

The term "carry" is a misnomer. What you're really looking at are sustained damage champions or DPS champions.
So I guess a Carry is kinda like high maintanence that the team cant afford to have to many of? That makes sense.

FaerellG

09-13-2012

That's exactly correct.

They're high maintenance in terms of both gold and in the protection they need in team fights.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

You also need other roles - someone to provide crowd control, which most carries lack or don't have effective versions of, someone to initiate fights, draw aggression, and soak up damage, which carries don't do well, and someone to provide aura support and primary warding, which again isn't a good use of a carry champion.

Basically, the meta is the way it is because it provides then proper balance of all these necessary components. Heavy burst and sustained DPS are both very important, but not at the expense of everything else.

Lord Puppy Fury

09-13-2012

I've gone against a 3 AD, 2 AP carry team. They did a butt load of damage, so in a team fight, if they focused, they were going to get at least one of us and they could push towers very quickly. I was the strategic sacrifice on my team as Cho'gath. So I waded way far out front, Ruptured, dealt some damage, and let them have fun chunking my 4K HP while the rest of my team cleaned up. My stats looked horrible (like 1 kill and 12 deaths), but I came out of every team fight with 4-5 assists.

Moral of the story: balance in all things. If you put all your eggs in one basket, then you can be equally countered by one thing.