Syndra, More or less underpowered.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlyphTsen

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
Her skills except Ult all do AOE and pretty good damage considering how huge their aoe is and all in all, the cooldowns on ehr skills are fairly low.

Also, I pretty much stopped caring after you wrote KS, people who believe killsteal exists in this game are inherently silly.
From my perspective, she feels weak largely because other champions can accomplish similar levels of damage (including AoE) and CC relatively easy. It's possible to get a nice AoE stun (one of her strengths), but it's not very easy, given the range of her shove and the difficulty of playing billiards with a fan.

She does have superior lane control though (her other strength).

fletche00

01-30-2013

Whoever said it, Syndra has the best lvl 6 burst in the game, and the only champion that can outburst her end game is Veigar. Her combo is ridiculous when you get it all down.

Somebody said she only counters Karthus? What about a heimer, she can throw turrets, have you ever seen annie use Tibers on Syndra, then watch a Syndra throw Tibers right onto annie, and combo her down? What about Katarina, she shunipo, ults, OH SNAP, you have a knockback, so you end her ult and proceede to combo her down much faster than she can combo you.

Syndra is completely viable in lane, can hold her own, and has very little problems w/ other champions. If you get in her face after she uses scatter, yes, you will own her, but her range is hard to deal with as some champions, and a good Syndra will punish a mid champion trying to farm minions.

*Edit* And somebody said she is UP late game? She is just like any other AP mid, she can 1 2 3 4 the ADC w/o breaking a sweat, you dont even need all 6 orbs on the ult to nuke their carry down. It works every time. But honestly, if you all think she is too weak, thats fine, I cant wait to play you mid w/ her and show you otherwise

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletche00 View Post
Somebody said she only counters Karthus? What about a heimer, she can throw turrets, have you ever seen annie use Tibers on Syndra, then watch a Syndra throw Tibers right onto annie, and combo her down? What about Katarina, she shunipo, ults, OH SNAP, you have a knockback, so you end her ult and proceede to combo her down much faster than she can combo you.
So you're saying she can outlane the champions with the WORST laning phase in the game?
Wow ,that's special.

Basically there's no reason to play her whilst Orianna and Zyra are available. None whatsoever.
Those 2 have more utility , more lane control, have ways to give themselves vision, and have better AOE CC's.
Massive single target damage nukers get pooped on by mages with more utility and constant magic dps dealers.
She isn't viable , she needs a rework.

fletche00

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS183e69d4080426 View Post
So you're saying she can outlane the champions with the WORST laning phase in the game?
Wow ,that's special.

Basically there's no reason to play her whilst Orianna and Zyra are available. None whatsoever.
Those 2 have more utility , more lane control, have ways to give themselves vision, and have better AOE CC's.
Massive single target damage nukers get pooped on by mages with more utility and constant magic dps dealers.
She isn't viable , she needs a rework.
I disagree, playing against Ori is more of a game of dodgeball, just because Ori has her ball in the lane and can shift it around does not mean she has better lane control. Syndra's low CD on orbs allows her to do the same amount of zoning, and from a much safter distance than ori is. Not to mention if ori doesnt use her ball properly, Syndra can capitalize due to the extremely long range on her Stun/Slow, not to mention she has an AOE stun, not a knockup, which can be much more deadly in disrupting their team.

Zyra's plants also get thrown by Syndra, making her ability to zone Syndra close to impossible, she has to rely on her root to keep Syndra pushed out of lane. Syndra is by far a bigger bully in lane then either of these champions.

Syndra has incredible utility, and I really dont get how you dont see that.

RaptoRGmo7

01-30-2013

She is total useless champ, all game all syndra just feed ....

MasterEvilAce

01-30-2013

I picked up Syndra a week or so ago and fell in love. She is an extremely strong champion, and really, not that hard to play at all. I feel incredibly safe in lane due to her slow and stun/knockback; the range on the abilities are really great. She's my go-to pick for mid lane now, because I just find her fun to play. It's incredibly satisfying to combo an enemy in a teamfight, then just E all of the spheres into an AOE stun. That alone can win a teamfight.

She also seems really flexible with build options, but you generally want to get CDR from somewhere. If I'm against a tanky or high burst assassin lane, I'll build more defensively and get a Rod of Ages as my first buy, otherwise I'll get a DFG. If I'm going the DFG route I'll usually get a Tear to solve mana issues.

Everybody in this thread seriously underestimates her, or doesn't play properly. I really don't see any changes that she needs to her kit. The only issue is the set-up time for spheres if you want to maximize her ultimate burst. So your full potential isn't completely on-demand... but that's just part of her design. The QOL changes helped her a lot, such as her Force of Will grabbing the nearest sphere if there is no target selected.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Syndra can be a total monster in mid lane with top-tier burst capacity.

MrJBravo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-31-2013

Buff Syndra she is still too underpowered, and mana hungry.
I love the champion design of Syndra, and she is fun to play with, but she is one of the slowest moving champions, her cool downs make it so the first dark ball you drop disappears by the time you can get the 3rd one out, she can easily be overpowerd by other champions early game, and it becomes difficult to catch up late game.

Playing with Syndra I just fade back as a support champion late game, use her stuns and slows to initiate then i have to back off and let the team take it from there.

MrJBravo

Recruiter

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletche00 View Post
Whoever said it, Syndra has the best lvl 6 burst in the game, and the only champion that can outburst her end game is Veigar. Her combo is ridiculous when you get it all down.

Syndra is completely viable in lane, can hold her own, and has very little problems w/ other champions. If you get in her face after she uses scatter, yes, you will own her, but her range is hard to deal with as some champions, and a good Syndra will punish a mid champion trying to farm minions.

*Edit* And somebody said she is UP late game? She is just like any other AP mid, she can 1 2 3 4 the ADC w/o breaking a sweat, you dont even need all 6 orbs on the ult to nuke their carry down. It works every time. But honestly, if you all think she is too weak, thats fine, I cant wait to play you mid w/ her and show you otherwise
what are your build from her and I'll try them out

SpakeRaw

04-12-2013

They should reduce the cd of her q and ult