Syndra, More or less underpowered.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChristopherLaCau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

I noticed that early game Syndra is not very damaging and her late game is made unsightly to play due to lack of damage and to long cooldowns for the crowd control to help the team. The only damage I she her doing that is quite high is her Ult/R. She is primarily a "KS" champion
because she can only so around 1/4 anyones health with her burst. Syndra is good for cc with the initiation for the stun and slow but after that she does pretty much nothing but stand around because her cool downs make it impossible to be a value to a team fight.

Thank you Riot for your hard work and please keep it up!

Yuan Shikai

09-13-2012

Her skills except Ult all do AOE and pretty good damage considering how huge their aoe is and all in all, the cooldowns on ehr skills are fairly low.

Also, I pretty much stopped caring after you wrote KS, people who believe killsteal exists in this game are inherently silly.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

her ratios are bad and she's countered hard by mobility.
While risk vs reward is nice, she still has too much trouble in lane.
From what ive seen she's only any good against Kathus.

Basically she's just too unreliable for both being able to hit the enemy and how much damage she can deal.
She is super mana hungry throughout the entire game but has terrible damage early game and mediocre damage mid to late game unless she's really fed.

Sogreth

09-13-2012

Lol...another one of these? Give it a couple weeks. She will get nerfed. Same thing happened to Ori.

You can't decide if a high skill champ is UP within the first day, or even first week.

xxshewantstheDxx

01-29-2013

After playing with syndra I think she is a little UP especially late game. She can harass but only if she can effectively get two spells on the enemy champ. She can farm reall easy she just falls off late game.

Snipawolfe

01-29-2013

Syndra is really strong. She's weak because you guys can't combo or land anything. Even failing that, farming is easy so farm it up and beat your opposing laner in a gold rush.

Late game, she's a true terror if you build her with enough AP since she can QE->DFG WQR a squishy and immediately take someone out of the fight, then continue fighting with her sustained DPS and kiting with Q and W spam.

alfavhunter

01-29-2013

syndra has THE STRONGEST no item lvl 6 burst, even cho gath, as a burst ap bruiser cannot do what she does in burst, and after her ult, omg, the aoe damage from her pushback, coubled with stunning the entire enemy team, its just a huge asset to ateam fight, because you just took otu 1 of their priority targets, and stunned their entire team in about 2-3 seconds of the fight starting, hor is that not a good lategame benefit for your team?

syndra is fine where she is, she has high burst, and strong late game utility while still beign able to insta kill a priority target, this is of course assuming you know what the priority target should never be a tank

ZachTheApathetic

01-29-2013

Get rylai's, kite for days, ult with 6 balls, win.

In a nutshell, thats what you do, syndra isn't a wombo combo 1 burst champion. She kinda looks like it, but she's not.

I do like how her ult has a "part 2" if you throw your stun out after you ult, makes her very unique.

Can't give my opinion on whether she is up or op, I'm afraid it's been to long since i've played games with her for me to judge. I can say this though, she is MUCH better than when she was first released. (man THOSE days sucked. i loved peoples reactions though when you went positive with her XD.)

GurkenMAN

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogreth View Post
Lol...another one of these? Give it a couple weeks. She will get nerfed. Same thing happened to Ori.

You can't decide if a high skill champ is UP within the first day, or even first week.
funny reading 4 month old comments about an "OP-champ" which got buffed 3 times since then and still sits at ~40% winrate^^

Haha- Syndra gets nerfed...rly

GurkenMAN

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachTheApathetic View Post
Get rylai's, kite for days, ult with 6 balls, win.

In a nutshell, thats what you do, syndra isn't a wombo combo 1 burst champion. She kinda looks like it, but she's not.

I do like how her ult has a "part 2" if you throw your stun out after you ult, makes her very unique.

Can't give my opinion on whether she is up or op, I'm afraid it's been to long since i've played games with her for me to judge. I can say this though, she is MUCH better than when she was first released. (man THOSE days sucked. i loved peoples reactions though when you went positive with her XD.)
Rylais.On.Syndra.
stopped reading there. Sry...

Edit: OK- read it. The rest is right. Shes really usable now and her skills flow quite nice. That wasnt the case on release,yes. But i still would NEVER rush rylais on syndra. If u hit ur w the enemy is already slowed, so why just a mini-stronger slow??