PVP.net Patcher Kernel has stopped working

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Windman44

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

I got this error when I tried to play today. Please Help me fix this

RiotTyphon

Development Communications Coordinator

11-12-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Sorry to hear about that, this is usually related to a failed self-patcher. Luckily, it is also usually a simple fix

The first and most common solution is to force the patcher to repatch itself. You can do this by deleting this folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

Many players also fixed this problem by disabling the UAC(Windows Vista and Win7 Only)

Failing that, you may want to try the following:

Manually Updating/Installing the .Net Framework 3.5

- Making sure you are running the game as an administrator.
a) Right-Click on the short-cut
b) Select the properties tab
c) Check the box labeled "Run as administrator"

If the problem persists after doing those, i would suggest sending in a Support Ticket to our Technical Team, as they would be able to help you further with this.

Windman44

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTyphon View Post
Sorry to hear about that, this is usually related to a failed self-patcher. Luckily, it is also usually a simple fix

The first and most common solution is to force the patcher to repatch itself. You can do this by deleting this folder:

Many players also fixed this problem by disabling the UAC(Windows Vista and Win7 Only)

If the problem persists after doing those, i would suggest sending in a Support Ticket to our Technical Team, as they would be able to help you further with this.
Hey, thanks for replying quickly. I tried the first option and I still got the error. I checked my .Net Framework and I have Framework 4. Would it work if I just reinstalled the game? or did I miss something when trying the first step?

Windman44

11-12-2012

NVM RiotTyphon, running as Administrator worked thanks for the help

yWkQgZ31adc5ihRT

03-02-2013

This happens to me, and i have re installed it twice, is it because i run it on windows 8? I have downloaded the Framework, and tried to run as adminstrator and it still happens, please help!!

El Kudy

03-15-2013

lI just have find the solution, but searching for it i saw your request and i cant ignore a week in troubles!
take this: http://www.2shared.com/complete/V5Wt...edist_x86.html instal and run lo

CourageousFart

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTyphon View Post

Thanks,this worked.my game is now patching itself. Cheers

Lombaxx

Recruiter

06-24-2013

Try-> Right Clicking --> Run as Administrator, Then the Patcher loaded up..... Worked for me.

Hendi The Great

07-03-2013

Thanks for the help)

IvoryScar

10-24-2013

The same thing happened to me, and I tried right clicking on the desktop icon, run as administer, and IT WORKED! Thank You! Now I can play League