Unable to Uninstall League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chiller1942

02-05-2012

Recently I have been encountering an issue, I have been getting stuck at 99% in the champion loading screen. It has been random and it requires me to restart my computer; I first encountered this problem on 1-21-2012.

I decided that Reinstalling League of Legends would be a good idea because the client has changed drastically since i first downloaded LoL (6-4-2010) and something may have patched wrong or whatever.

When checking Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, League of Legends does not appear. I believe that deleting the files in the two folders that league of legends resides may cause errors and that the only way to correctly uninstall is through the Control Panel or a application created to uninstall.

Any assistance would be appreciated and I have included 3 Pictures. One shows half of my Programs and Features + League of Legends Open + The two visible folders that League of Legends is in. One Shows a current issue that i am having with league of legends (getting stuck at 99%). And the last Picture Shows the other half of my Programs and Features.

Chiller1942

02-05-2012

After further research I found Riots page on how to reinstall LoL. Section One (Uninstalling League of Legends) recommends running a registry cleaner if you are having troubles with uninstalling. After running it multiple times until "no issues where found" I checked to see if League of Legends was under my applications and It still was not appearing.

HuntsAlone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

02-05-2012

If you have the installer you can use that and click uninstall once it starts up and see if that helps.

Chiller1942

02-05-2012

Can you confirm which one the installer is? Setup.exe, leagueoflegends.exe, lol.launcher.exe do not give options to uninstall on start up.

Chiller1942

02-06-2012

Bump

Chiller1942

02-07-2012

Quote:
If the program you want to uninstall isn't listed, it might not have been written for this version of Windows. To uninstall the program, check the information that came with the program.
This is a note on Microsofts page on how to uninstall programs. So I would suspect that League of Legends has some program that will uninstall if this was the case. Though from all my research no one else has had this problem of league of legends not being listed.

Chiller1942

02-08-2012

Bump

aswedEMD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2012

In my Riot Games folder, there are two folders, one labeled League of Legends and one labeled LeageOfLegends. In the LeagueOfLegends one, there is a setup.exe file that when you run has a remove option. I don't know if it's just my LoL that is like that or everyone's is, but either way, the setup.exe file should have a remove feature.

Chiller1942

02-08-2012

I ran my setup.exe and looked for a remove option but could not find where it would be in that application. To verify what i am seeing I have uploaded a picture that runs through the beginning of the setup application to the end where I cancel installation before it begins (Steps not included in picture:Setup type (custom or express),If Custom; Installation path, Desktop Shortcut option, Install to all (or one) users). I cancel the installation because i do not want to overwrite or mess up any of my files now because league of legends is running fine.

Although i am able to play the reason why i think this needs to be resolved is because it does not feel right to have a program on your computer that you cant get off. Also if my files ever get corrupted than my only option would be to install it over the current files and i have no idea what that would do.

Chiller1942

02-09-2012

Short Recap:

1. I want to Reinstall League of Legends by first Uninstalling LoL completely
  2. League of Legends is not listed under Programs and Features
  3. My setup.exe file does not contain a remove/uninstall feature (Possibly Outdated?)
Other Information: I can play League of Legends without any errors (played a game today), but I still wish to completely uninstall because it has been a long time since i first installed and it shouldn't hurt anything to reinstall.