Do runes count towards base stats or applied more like an item bonus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

REX PIMPWAGEN

09-13-2012

Ok, so i was reading another thread when i came across this comment which i believe to be true.

Attack speed gained from leveling up is added to item bonuses rather than multiplied by them. The only attack speed value that items use is the speed you have at level 1.

My question is do runes count towards base stats?
This meaning should i have say 15% bonus attack speed from runes at lv 1, does this increase the base value and therefore the multiplier for attack speed gained by items?

This would make certain builds and champions much more effective over the course of the game starting with attack speed reds or possibly quints over arp or flat ad.

Anyone know this for sure and not just a guess or speculation im already confident that it would just be applied as an item bonus but testing it would be tedious and really not worth it when someone who know could just tell me.

Kyzrathnosh

09-13-2012

Runes are an exterior influence and thus work off of your base value without increasing it. Base values are base values and that's that.

ViashinoWizard

09-13-2012

There is no way to alter the value of a champion's base stats.

port5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
There is no way to alter the value of a champion's base stats.
All i know is that trinity force and sheen have growing damage bonus's due to the increasing base stat of your ad. What he was saying is that your level 1 attack speed base stat is permanent, which i doubt.

TheOneMillion

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by port5 View Post
All i know is that trinity force and sheen have growing damage bonus's due to the increasing base stat of your ad. What he was saying is that your level 1 attack speed base stat is permanent, which i doubt.
Your attack speed BASE is the AS at level 1 MINUS the bonus speed you get from that one level. Your base attack speed NEVER changes. Its diffrent for all champs, but it Never changes. Same with all base stats. There is nothing that can change them.

If you really need to test it out to see, buy a dagger at level 1, and buy a dagger at level 18. They will both give the same amount of AS.

Cenerae

09-14-2012

Your base stats are considered to be the stats your champion starts with, plus their NATURAL growth in stats from levelling up. The exception here is attack speed - while all champions gain attack speed on level ups, it's treated as a bonus rather than part of their base, which remains static.

Runes, items and masteries are added in AFTER this base value, and are never included in this base at any point.