Something wrong with new ELO tiers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dealingdeath

09-12-2012

Currently, there will be ZERO ranked 3s teams who attain the glory of diamond tier 1 ELO. Discuss

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Just you wait
Okeanus

Goggris

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealingdeath View Post
Currently, there will be ZERO ranked 3s teams who attain the glory of diamond tier 1 ELO. Discuss
Agreed. Nor even the possibility of Tier 1. In addition, only 20 teams qualify for even the lowest levels of diamond, yet 550 solo queuers have it. I don't think this is distributed quite right.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Agreed. Nor even the possibility of Tier 1. In addition, only 20 teams qualify for even the lowest levels of diamond, yet 550 solo queuers have it. I don't think this is distributed quite right.
20 teams has a potential of 180 players.

Considering there are about 3 x as many solo queuers as there are 3v3 teams, I think 180 players with diamond is fair.

Eromis

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post

Considering there are about 3 x as many solo queuers as there are 3v3 teams, I think 180 players with diamond is fair.
That's a possibility of 180 players, and while I agree with you that that is fair, we all know that 180 people is not 180, Out of the teams that are above 1850, theres only 110 players roughly(I counted quickly), besides the fact that there are players on multiple teams above 1850, such as I am taemin, lixa, sam, and a few more.

Realistically there will probably be about 100 3s players with it.

Honestly I don't care about it too much as its out of my league, but i think it's dumb how the tier brackets are for diamond. It'd be nice to have some tier 1 representation.

Axil

09-12-2012

Oh the humanity

Coola

09-12-2012

Quote:

In all honesty i understand what you mean, but it might be a bit too high, because for 3s yeah 20 teams and 5s there are 35 teams, but NO team will reach tier 1, 2 or 3 for 5s.

For 3s i doubt any team will hit tier 1, but tier 2 is possible for 2 teams. Both Sam's team and Haoz's (FGxL Hao) team. 20 teams in diamond and 2 teams will hit diamond tier 4 also.

So, yeah i may be a bit biased cause my team's elo is like 1746, but if you look that there are 82,441 3v3 teams and only 22, but probably like 30 by October, have diamond then that is .000363 of the teams are diamond. Just seems kinda low to me :/ Idk, its probably just the bias lol.

Eryn

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola View Post
In all honesty i understand what you mean, but it might be a bit too high, because for 3s yeah 20 teams and 5s there are 35 teams, but NO team will reach tier 1, 2 or 3 for 5s.

For 3s i doubt any team will hit tier 1, but tier 2 is possible for 2 teams. Both Sam's team and Haoz's (FGxL Hao) team. 20 teams in diamond and 2 teams will hit diamond tier 4 also.

So, yeah i may be a bit biased cause my team's elo is like 1746, but if you look that there are 82,441 3v3 teams and only 22, but probably like 30 by October, have diamond then that is .000363 of the teams are diamond. Just seems kinda low to me :/ Idk, its probably just the bias lol.
I feel you man. I myself am only 1750.

However, that doesn't mean you can't achieve 1850 for diamond tier before season ends, I plan to.

Also, I don't think it is totally impossible for a team to hit 2150. HaoZ plans too, and I'm sure there are many in your tier and my tier keen on achieving diamond. Basically we provide feed for the 2K teams haha.

I guess we'll have to see what happens, Riot has given us 40 days to attain greatness, and I don't know about you all, but I plan to attain it.

Coola

09-13-2012

Quote:
I feel you man. I myself am only 1750.

However, that doesn't mean you can't achieve 1850 for diamond tier before season ends, I plan to.

Also, I don't think it is totally impossible for a team to hit 2150. HaoZ plans too, and I'm sure there are many in your tier and my tier keen on achieving diamond. Basically we provide feed for the 2K teams haha.

I guess we'll have to see what happens, Riot has given us 40 days to attain greatness, and I don't know about you all, but I plan to attain it.
Oh haha, my team plans to get diamond, but as you said we "provide feed" for the 2k teams.

Problem with 3s usually is that at 1700ish elo u get like 10-15 minute queues unless you against like a 1900+ team, which is fine, the challenge is fun, you win some you lose some, lose more than you win haha, but still gets better.

But I am hoping that because of this, more 1600-1800 teams will play and there will be a fairer chance to get the plat by beating them, rather then either trying to beat a really really good team, or wait for no team who will probably beat me to be in queue.

Well good luck to you E1C maybe we will see each other.

Axil

09-13-2012

When it gets to the last 2 weeks there will be A LOT of 1600-1800 teams. Gl~