Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jordonics

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

This doesn't affect me, but why reduce the Top Elo to their Current Elo? The whole point of the top Elo is to show, well, their highest Elo. Erasing that and putting their current Elo is redundant.

Hopefully something to think about, I don't know how long this took you, but seems a bit unnecessarily confusing.

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

09-12-2012

I think the last minute addition of "Diamond" is prettttttty lame. Should've left that to be a Season 3 thing.

Baron Von Bacons

09-12-2012

"With the September 11th patch we’ll be rolling out improvements to Ranked play"

There was a patch yesterday? I am so confused.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
4 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlysia View Post
Yegg, with this new tier system, are you going to be obscuring peoples' individual Elo ratings and just referring to them by their specific tier?
The profile will show your Top Rating to other players. It won't show Current Rating unless you're Diamond tier (because those players are all competing for the top spots on the ladder, which is still based on Current Rating).

Debaucheries

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Just looked and noticed that the new silver is 1150, guess I'm getting the silver rewards then.

K94

09-12-2012

Played in All Queues: achieved a tier in 5v5 solo, 5v5 team, and 3v3 team
Special summoner icon based on the lowest tier achieved in the three queues
So is this special summoner icon separate from the other rewards?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
5 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyLardon View Post
"With the September 11th patch we’ll be rolling out improvements to Ranked play"

There was a patch yesterday? I am so confused.
The patch got pushed back a bit. It's currently slated to go out late tonight.

Anlysia

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno742 View Post
I think the last minute addition of "Diamond" is prettttttty lame. Should've left that to be a Season 3 thing.
Currently Platinum is 1900 all the way up to 2700. It takes longer to be at the top of Platinum than it takes to get from 1200 to Platinum. At that point, you really need to add another tier to simply just space out top people from bottom people.

Bloodpaly

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
That part right there is the bull****. Basically you get that one bad streak after say OVER A YEAR of playing ranked and you are denied your highest ranked?
Seems kinder of them than just using your final rating like they did last season, I don't see why you would complain?

SolluxAradia

09-12-2012

Welp, 1500 elo here I go.