Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Otamohama

09-12-2012

Do you get rewards for your team also?

PLZ BUFF EVELYNN

09-12-2012

So I'm at 1528 now, if I don't play a game till October 23rd, will I get Gold prizes?
Would appreciate an answer

Lucariolu

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
[aws3]news/September_2012/2012_09_11_S2_Ratings/medalbanner_post_v1.jpg[/aws3]

The Season Two World Championship is [URL2="http://competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com/season-2-world-championship"]approaching[/URL2], and with it, the end of the competitive season on October 23, 2012. And the end of Season Two brings Season Two rewards. You値l earn some exciting rewards this season, including new summoner icons, loading screen borders, profile banners, forum badges, and a stunning skin. We値l tell you about those in a minute.

First, we致e got some news about changes to the ladder and rating system that値l make your race for the finish a lot more rewarding. With the September 11th patch we値l be rolling out improvements to Ranked play. In Season Three, we値l look to make other changes and improvements.

Here痴 the scoop.

The Changes:

[LIST][*]Season 2 rewards will be based on the highest rating you achieve between now and the end of the season. Once you致e achieved a tier, you値l have it for good, and playing more games can only help you out. In order to do this, we are resetting Top Rating for all players to their Current Rating and will be using Top Rating to determine end-of-season reward tiers.
[/URL2][/B]
does this mean my top rating will be lowered down from 1947 to 1806? D:

iZaKLY

09-12-2012

Question. i was gold rating one week ago. now im silver again. so am i not legible because it starts now?
I was not gold when they posted this

19YO Kisles Vrgn

09-12-2012

If we have, for example, 1900 elo but went down to 1500 before today and ranked today. Will I still get a plat badge etc or get gold rewards?

Debaucheries

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

I'm confused, if I was at silver in the begging of season 2 and then dropped to bronze will I still be getting the silver rewards? Or do I need to get silver again after these changes?

Ayreons

09-12-2012

So my rating is 1196( I know that's terrible, but I'm just and average player) but does that mean I get that silver summoner icon, cause if so, then hellz yeah.

Master Umbral

09-12-2012

Sooo...no reward for those of us who don't want to do Ranked? D:

Guess this isn't Season One anymore...at least during that I got Judgement Kayle.

Albert Spangler

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plamore View Post
What ELO will it be resetting for season 3 now that bronze is lower?
I think there isn't going to be a hard reset on ELO. They mentioned that in an earlier post.

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Are the tiers just nice intervals or are they based on percentages like last year? If they are percentages could you share what they are?