Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VengeanceLX

09-13-2012

Lets say you played on a team over 5 times but you left it before September 1. Then you rejoin the team AFTER September 1... will you have to still play 5 more games to get the ranking?

Skylars Dream

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Yes, this is a special icon just for players who have played in all three queues: Ranked Solo, Ranked 3s, and Ranked 5s. If you were Gold in all three, you'd get a Gold icon, but if you were Gold in two of the queues and Bronze in the third, you'd only get a Bronze icon here.
Oh thank god!

When I originally read that part, I read it as "Sucka you have gold 3v3 and gold solo, but your team is silver so you get silver rewards not gold"

Skylars Dream

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty17 View Post
Hello, i have important question. So when the ELO will reset, it will be 1200 like always or what?
its strange a little because players who just reach lvl 30 will have instant silver badge instead of bronze like in season 2. Starting ELO should be decreased too i think.
I agree with this.
Lots of people will just do placements, probably go 5-5 if they aren't totally useless, and get free silver.

Chimpalot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Will i get war hero Janna skin aswell if i have gold in 3v3 or 5v5 team aswell?

Skylars Dream

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottim View Post
It's incredibly ludicrous and pampering to give any sort of recognition to players like me who've dipped below 1k ELO. "Congratulations! You lost 200 elo of the 1200 we handed you, have a medal! Oh, you lost 400 or more? Don't worry skippy, you get a medal too. Cause you and everyone around you are special!"

I'm 670 Elo right now. That's deserving a stern scolding, not a pat on the back from Riot along with some e-goodies. I know I'm bad, don't patronize me with these "tiers" of bronze. There is no reason to reward the bottom of the barrel for just existing.
Buddy, it's obviously do you and your "special" friends can feel "special".

Everyone else realizes that bronze rating will mean squat from now on.
Basically the badge for elo hell.

Toysoldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Nice I will love the Platinum forum badge.

DaAlb

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty17 View Post
Hello, i have important question. So when the ELO will reset, it will be 1200 like always or what?
its strange a little because players who just reach lvl 30 will have instant silver badge instead of bronze like in season 2. Starting ELO should be decreased too i think.
agreed too
maybe make it highest rank for the whole season not from now on?

Delta37Raven

09-13-2012

Hmmm, I only see a Gold or Higher Skin.... Is there not going to be a skin just for playing ranked this season like the Kayle one last season?

Tarmy

09-13-2012

wat

Skylars Dream

09-13-2012

Question that I don't believe has been answered!

If you join a team before september, and that team is say gold or whatever, does it matter at all how many games you played with them? Be it 1 or 1000?
From what I am reading the 5 game requirement applies only to people who joined on/or after sept 1st?