Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OblivionPaladin

09-12-2012

Hey Yegg or Magus,

To clarify, my ranked team is currently at 1441 elo and 5 wins. If im reading the chart correctly we need 1450 or higher for gold, right?

Also, does the 5 wins qualify us or do we need 10 as a team to qualify like in solo queue.

Ballbag69

09-12-2012

Forum name change sale? Check here! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2566802

Thimerit

09-12-2012

so i got invited to a ranked team which i havent played with on euw and they are silver..
i got invited b4 sept 1st but i am curious if it is allowed as u said i haven't played a game with them yet

Henry Plainview

09-12-2012

Quote:
Janoa:
I've actually read about the soft reset...but I wanted more details lol. I'm just assuming that they either still haven't seen the question, or they're avoiding it.

I assume they're avoiding it, perhaps because they haven't decided yet. Or perhaps because it's an answer they know people won't want to hear, like my and others' repeated question of WILL UNRANKED PLAYERS GET A SKIN

Echodome

09-12-2012

Wait wait wait! I need a red here! So today I reached gold and my top rating is 1523. If i lose some games and go in silver, I will still have the gold elo rewards because of the top rating I have reached today?

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

09-12-2012

If I'm Bronze Solo Tier, but am on a Ranked Team that is (well, will hopefully be) Gold Tier, will I get War Hero Janna?

Quitch

09-12-2012

Quote:
MurryLaMoose:
Forum name change sale? Check here! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2566802

It's really rude to spam. I do not like spam, Sam I Am...

______

How will you address the ELO boosting problem that this system seemingly encourages, Riot?

Ryceman

09-12-2012

Quote:
Quitch:
Last attempt before I give up in this thread.

How do you plan on preventing ELO Boosting from being encouraged by this system?

They don't do anything ELO Boosting anyway. There people on twitch with ELO boosting in the title and nothing is done about it. They have never officially come out against ELO boosting. You are basically asking the local police what they plan to do about the Iran missile crisis. And this system doesn't encourage ELO boosting any more than the current one does. The only thing they can do is crack down on it best they can. People like Basickz stream ELO boosting constantly. Nothing is done

Ballbag69

09-12-2012

Yegg, will Season 3 start on the 23rd or the 24th? I'd imagine it'd be the 24th?

And just another question: does everyone's elo get reset to 1200 with the new season? I started playing at Lulu's release.

Quitch

09-12-2012

Quote:
synex02:
Wait wait wait! I need a red here! So today I reached gold and my top rating is 1523. If i lose some games and go in silver, I will still have the gold elo rewards because of the top rating I have reached today?

No.

If you drop out of gold before the reset, you'd have to reattain gold. It might be in your best interest to wait for the Top Rating reset later tonight before resuming ranked play.