Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lakez

09-12-2012

Quote:
Morphtronics:
I heard there were rewards why don't I see anything exciting; not even IP boost or something for silver

because now anyone can get silver/bronze

Seracain

09-12-2012

So if you earn the War Hero Janna skin, but don't own Janna, does it unlock her or do you miss out?

Tamahachi

09-12-2012

Quote:
Quitch:
Last attempt before I give up in this thread.

How do you plan on preventing ELO Boosting from being encouraged by this system?

We're all trying to get answers with you Quitch, don't feel alone.

Dercy

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
This is fine, you'll still get rewards with the team.

The only exception would be if the team tanked its rating down to say, Bronze, through intentionally losing a long series of games, and then invited players so that they can stomp weaker opponents en route to their five wins. If we see that sort of behavior, we'll likely revoke team rewards from everyone involved.

Sounds good, only issue I see is the following:
This means that if a player joins a diamond ranked team, they are guaranteed diamond, as long as they don't intentionally lose, because no matter what the results are with that new player(s) the top rating will remain the same. Therefore, I can imagine people trying to buy and sell spots.

Also something I forgot to ask, if the team gets to gold and then disbands, I assume you get nothing.

Spearmintys

09-12-2012

Sorry for my confusion but.... I understand that if I am 1400 now I will be getting the silver rating rewards. Thats fine and dandy. My question is will I enter season 3 starting at the silver level? Same if I have 1800 and am gold, will i start season 3 in gold or will all elo be reset back to some base elo?

Thanks!

Å tunnah

09-12-2012

I'd like to make sure I'm understanding this properly.
I have a 5v5 team that is currently at 1457 rating but we haven't played a game in a couple weeks. Are all of the members guaranteed gold rewards?

Comfortably Numb

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
Wait till you see the skin before judging too harshly. She looks incredible.

I know that the sadness stems from her not seeing a lot of competitive play right now, but she was quite popular many months ago when we picked her to be the skin. Contrary to popular belief, the balance team doesn't take upcoming skins into account when deciding what changes to make. I'm sure Janna will see a return to the competitive scene in the future.

you just released frost queen janna about 6 months ago. when she was popular. i, along with many others, bought that skin because janna was a very viable, and solid support pick. now i will have 2 skins for a champion i will never play in ranked... pretty dissapointing

Ladayen

09-12-2012

You have taken into account those highly skilled highly egotistical summoners? The ones that dont troll and rage in games is because they will lose elo bragging rights. With 0 possibility of losing Diamond/platinum rank whats to stop them from giving up and playing games at a 500 elo level laughing at everyone trying to push for platinum/diamond.

Clearist

09-12-2012

ok I have a question, and if this is answered, I can rest in peace lol..

So I have an account on a team that is 1850+ in 3v3 ranked. However, this account did NOT play any games to get to 1850+ elo, BUT has joined before september 1st. Technically, according to this post, that account will still get diamond?

GabrielTT

09-12-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
You have to win 5 games while personally playing Ranked Team games with that team.

Is this applicable to the team members who joined the team before 1st September 2012?

Team Alpha-

Top rating: 1500 (Gold)
Matches played: 10

Member A in Team Alpha-

Matches played with the team: 6
Matches won with the team: 4

In the example illustrated above, can Member A achieve the gold medal of 5v5 ranked team to grab the Gold tier rewards???