Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

09-12-2012

Will there be any rewards for unranked players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janoa View Post
Can you guys please answer where everyone will be reset to at the beginning of S3? Are we all starting out in Silver rating?
They've said somewhere it will be a soft reset.

Quitch

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungrichie View Post
I played almost 900 games of solo que and am at gold rating and will receive gold reward.
Some people I know are taking advantage of the team rank 3v3 and 5v5 to get rewards unfairly.
People have joined ranked teams that are Platinum JUST before September 1st to qualify for Platinum rewards. I would not have a problem with this if the player contributed to the team to earn the Platinum rating and thus deserve Platinum rewards. BUT, these people have not played a single game with these teams and will just smooch off their work and qualify for Platinum+ rewards while I, who put in almost 900 games will receive gold rewards. People are taking advantage of this team rank rewards. Please do something if possible.
They have addressed this already

In order to qualify for a ranked team reward, one must have won at least five games with a specific team.

EDIT: I was wrong, lol. Not addressed. Serious problem, probably won't get an answer.

Clearist

09-12-2012

ok I have a question, and if this is answered, I can rest in peace lol..

So I have a team on a different account that is 1850+ in 3v3 ranked. However, this account did NOT play any games to get to 1850+ elo, BUT has joined before september 1st. Technically, according to this post, that account will still get diamond?

apokemaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

janna skin sounds epic

Scrubtac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

The original post says playing games between now and the end of the season can only help you. If I was above 1500 elo previous to now but now am not, am I still considered gold?

C00LStoryJoe

09-12-2012

@Yegg or any rioter

Lets say I do not have plat by the patch. Do I still have a chance to get the forum profile,badges, and all the rewards until s2 ends? Or until the patch hits?

Lakez

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubtac View Post
The original post says playing games between now and the end of the season can only help you. If I was above 1500 elo previous to now but now am not, am I still considered gold?
No, they are reseting everyones top elo so they can try to farm a higher tier before the end of the season....bronze for everyone!!!!!!

Magus

Director of Esports

09-12-2012
22 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubtac View Post
Hi Scrubtac, your current rating is 1420, this means you're going to be silver II. Once you win a few games and get your top rating to 1500, you'll be guaranteed gold.

Quitch

09-12-2012

Last attempt before I give up in this thread.

How do you plan on preventing ELO Boosting from being encouraged by this system?

VegaD

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Will there be any rewards for unranked players?

They've said somewhere it will be a soft reset.
I've actually read about the soft reset...but I wanted more details lol. I'm just assuming that they either still haven't seen the question, or they're avoiding it.