Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quitch

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up to Code View Post
I'm a bit confused on this part. "we are resetting Top Rating for all players to their Current Rating and will be using Top Rating to determine end-of-season reward tiers."

does this mean our top rating is disappearing and we won't know where our highest was, if we didn't have it memorized anyway. Or does this mean our rank is going to go to where our top was? and become our current?
Your top rating will be reset to whatever ELO you are at the time of the reset, but you can climb in ELO to make it go higher.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
17 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedEgg View Post
the "team" elo in the pag works for 5v5 AND for 3v3 or just 5v5?
The listed team requirements apply to both the 3v3 and 5v5 queues.

vrv

09-12-2012

Can someone clarify the whole "top elo" system to me? So for this coming patch lets say i hit a top elo of.. 2210. Then I drop below the requirements for Diamond. Do I still get Diamond for the season due to the fact that I've hit it at one point in time?

Henry Plainview

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal Saber View Post
Or does the non-competitive scene simply not matter anymore?
E-SPORTS IS THE FUTURE OF LEAGUE OF LEGENDS BECAUSE EVERYONE IDOLIZES SOCIALLY AWKWARD PEOPLE WHO PLAY TOO MANY VIDEO GAMEs

JadenTheBroker

The Council

09-12-2012

So basically, If you got to say 1900, Then dropped. You dont get 1900 top rating. They resetting it and it goes back to your current.

Quitch

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phox View Post
Can someone clarify the whole "top elo" system to me? So for this coming patch lets say i hit a top elo of.. 2210. Then I drop below the requirements for Diamond. Do I still get Diamond for the season due to the fact that I've hit it at one point in time?
Yes. No matter what, so long as you hit it after the reset.

Darmikau

09-12-2012

No Gold forum badges?

KANAILLE

09-12-2012

i have a quick question cuz i dont really know how it goes

i am 1990 Elo Now, but my Highest Rating is 2100

what badge will show up in my Profil?

the Platinum V for 1990? or the Platinum II for 2100?

MagicalMercurial

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Hey Yegg, im confused and i have a question i want to get cleared up. it says "Season 2 rewards will be based on the highest rating you achieve between now and the end of the season". When u say NOW, do u mean as of today 9/12? so are u saying the highest rating i got from lets say a month ago won't count towards the reward?

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
I'm quite sure that starting ranked and getting to gold in the next month would be fairly difficult.
Nah. I play 5 +/- 2 or so games a day. I've only played 19 ranked games at time of writing and im 1420 ish. So, for what would be less than a week of playing im still on my placement matches AND could, in one more day, achieve 1500 if I played really well.

Granted, I've been playing something more akin to 5 or 6 ranked games a week, but my point stands: if you actually deserve to be gold elo or higher, you can probably achieve it in 2-3 weeks if you play two or three games a day.