Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dercy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

09-12-2012

"Players who joined a team on or after September 1 will also need to win five games with that team to qualify for rewards."
Does this mean you have to be in 5 games yourself as a player, or just on the team as they play 5 games.

Bong0n

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbeckons View Post
850 elo minimum to get badge? what does this do for our so-called definition of "elo hell"? anything below that is ****?
So what you think you deserve for getting your elo below 850?
A medal????

Decelea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Is there any chance of releasing statistics of what % of players are in each elo bracket and so forth? This interests me more than the new ranking system which doesn't really mean much without this additional context.

Valen of Wulf

09-12-2012

@ Yegg: I have danced around the idea of playing ranked for some time now. I am not always a strong player and I am worried about baddies and trolls, so I have been avoiding it. The new rewards makes it more enticing, though. Yet, before I jump right into ranked, I want to get a few answers quickly. 1. Will these changes to the levels make it any easier/harder for a person to try ranked and have forms of success? 2. How hard would it to reach a certain level of rewards? I admit, I might want that new Janna skin and I would like to know if I really have to grind ranked to get it. 3. If it does prove to be tough to get the Gold Rewards, will they still be available past Season 2 so I still can get them?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
15 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiateher View Post
Thanks for the reply, i was just wondering because in season one a few of my friends got bronze for only playing 1-2 games. Was that intended and now changed?
It's always been the intent that you have to finish ten games in Solo queue before seeing a rating or earning a tier. Before that point there just isn't enough data to even guess at an appropriate rating.

Trixie

09-12-2012

Will the amount of elo we get per game change at all in season 3?

Hareulya

Recruiter

09-12-2012

I have a question, what happens if u reached 1900+ during Augest? Do I still get the Plat? Im currently 18xx so I would like to know if I need reach 19xx to get my plat for s3

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
16 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZyphur View Post
"Players who joined a team on or after September 1 will also need to win five games with that team to qualify for rewards."
Does this mean you have to be in 5 games yourself as a player, or just on the team as they play 5 games.
You have to win 5 games while personally playing Ranked Team games with that team.

Oberic

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Yep! That's the main reason we decided to use the highest rating from now until the end of the season. This way your Gold rewards are already locked in and it can only help you to play more games.
This is the best thing to happen to LoL since Riot started adding champions. Yes.

HAHAHA!! I can actually play ranked without being massively stressed out about losing!? This is wonderful!

Please keep it like this for season 3 too! I can play ranked to my heart's content now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Good question! Those icon frames are actually being removed at the end of this season. The new icons are much higher quality and have a border built in to them based on the tier you've achieved, so it's up to you if and when you want to show off your ranked prowess with your icon.
-.-'
That frame is the main reason I even tried to get gold last season.. To have my gold-framed sapling..

Henry Plainview

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valen of Wulf View Post
@ Yegg: I have danced around the idea of playing ranked for some time now. I am not always a strong player and I am worried about baddies and trolls, so I have been avoiding it. The new rewards makes it more enticing, though. Yet, before I jump right into ranked, I want to get a few answers quickly. 1. Will these changes to the levels make it any easier/harder for a person to try ranked and have forms of success? 2. How hard would it to reach a certain level of rewards? I admit, I might want that new Janna skin and I would like to know if I really have to grind ranked to get it. 3. If it does prove to be tough to get the Gold Rewards, will they still be available past Season 2 so I still can get them?
I'm quite sure that starting ranked and getting to gold in the next month would be fairly difficult.