Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VegaD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioAaron View Post
If my top rating is 1353, does that mean you will set me back up to that? I was thrown down into the depths of the 900-1000 range because of trolls and I'm currently struggling to get out of it.
After tonight, that 1353 will be gone forever. Your top rating will read whatever your elo is when the patch hits.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
12 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedSmurfz View Post
So um... what if someone just tries out ranked, gets carried to like plat elo, then falls back down where they belong. is he going to be playing with platinum people because that's where is highest rating is?
No, the matchmaker will still use Current Rating to decide your opponents. Top Rating will only be used for determining rewards and determining what medal to show on your profile.

Next

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

hello diamond i am victorious

Astoundment

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerfDatDudeMug View Post
I must say this is complete BS. I worked VERY hard and dealth with ALOT of trolls to get to 1900 and because of work I had to leave game for 5 months...got decayed to all hell and begone and now you are telling me that I will be considered a 1700 player?? GTFO. You should reward for TOP rating especially in cases of DECAY. This almost makes me want to never log into this game again. If you continue to feed the trolls and bads of this game just to make this a "better gaming experience" for them it will only be a matter of time before they players that make this game what it is begin to jump ship.
You got 1 month to get back up. I love this new system. It's much more friendlier then the old one. You don't know how much stress it gives you when you lose. This game is meant to be fun, not stressful.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

09-12-2012

are there any plans to fix massive amount of newbies in 1200 elo?

Mokai

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Good question! Those icon frames are actually being removed at the end of this season. The new icons are much higher quality and have a border built in to them based on the tier you've achieved, so it's up to you if and when you want to show off your ranked prowess with your icon.
Will the loading screen frames be visible in normal queue mode? The biggest reason I don't play ranked is because I try to avoid elitist personalities who use their rank as a means to demand obedience form their teammates. The existence of those, to me, feel like just one more way less-tolerant ranked players can tell casual players that they're bad.

Bernkastar

09-12-2012

Quote:
In order to do this, we are resetting Top Rating for all players to their Current Rating
Can someone answer when would this happen? Next patch?

Crappy Aim

09-12-2012

Is there any difference in the reward for a person in Silver I and Silver III?

ie. Same colour badge, different 50 elo bracket.

Akumos

09-12-2012

Do we keep old forum badges or are the new ones overwriting them? Would be neat to having a row of them in the future

Tetsero

09-12-2012

What if someone did not start playing ranked until season 2? Is their highest rating still reset?

Just asking because my highest was ~1252 but my current is under 1100.