Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CragBlade

09-12-2012

If my top rating is 1353, does that mean you will set me back up to that? I was thrown down into the depths of the 900-1000 range because of trolls and I'm currently struggling to get out of it.

Apollinarius

09-12-2012

So, I have 4 weeks to go from 851 to 1500 so I can get the Janna skin.

Best of luck to me I guess

ZubeneIgenubi

09-12-2012

Will the ratings be reset to our highest Elo in the upcoming patch?

Also, I'm curious as to why Riot decided to use players' highest Elo. Won't that cause "rewards inflation"? >_> The distribution curve of current Elo will always stay approximately true to the intent of the system, but that's not the case for highest Elo. There will be many people with undeserved rewards. Is Riot's intent just to make more players happy regardless of whether or not they deserve the rewards? IMO, players sitting at an Elo is better than giving out free rewards.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

My only concern with this system is that it would be trivially easy for a mediocre player to get carried around 1250-ish elo for his first 10 games. I mean, maybe you guys' data says otherwise, but it seems to me like there will be a lot of players that should be sub-1k elo ending up with Silver rewards just because they got carried 4 or 5 times in their placement matches.

This also may not be relevant because most people may or may not suddenly start playing ranked.

Yegg/other Rioters, do you have any thoughts on this?

Vialley

09-12-2012

Flawed Elo system

Phreak Avenue

09-12-2012

@ Yegg

Hello. I have a ranked twisted treeline team that is 1700s but my solo q is 1480. Will I get gold through that ?

NerfDatDudeMug

09-12-2012

I must say this is complete BS. I worked VERY hard and dealth with ALOT of trolls to get to 1900 and because of work I had to leave game for 5 months...got decayed to all hell and begone and now you are telling me that I will be considered a 1700 player?? GTFO. You should reward for TOP rating especially in cases of DECAY. This almost makes me want to never log into this game again. If you continue to feed the trolls and bads of this game just to make this a "better gaming experience" for them it will only be a matter of time before they players that make this game what it is begin to jump ship.

Akumos

09-12-2012

Sick

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
11 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiateher View Post
What if my accounts only has 6 games played in ranked, but i am 1500 rating. Will i be able to get rewards?
Earning rewards still requires finishing all 10 of your provisional matches. I've seen some evidence of an unfortunate bug right now where ratings are visible earlier than that, so if that's indeed a bug then I'll be pushing to get it fixed because it certainly adds some confusion to whether or not you've qualified for rewards.

wopak

09-12-2012

so after we get a gold medal thats mean it will stay gold forever while we have chance to improve it?