Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-12-2012

rofl team ratings are so boring this season...total shutouts

Lakez

09-12-2012

why are you rewarding people for this top elo achieved? Then dropping bronze so pretty much anyone can get it same with silver???

Firewood

09-12-2012

For the 5v5 Team Rating. Currently my team is rated at 1226. On the chart it states that Bronze I is 1200 and Silver IV is 1250. Does that mean I have to get 1250 to be considered silver?

Yegg

Recruiter

09-12-2012

Quote:
Cruz3r:
You say we get medals on our profile but what about the Summoner Icon frames? Do those get changed? Because I do not want to keep a silver frame on my icon for the rest of my league days...

Good question! Those icon frames are actually being removed at the end of this season. The new icons are much higher quality and have a border built in to them based on the tier you've achieved, so it's up to you if and when you want to show off your ranked prowess with your icon.

samson920

09-12-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
For Season 2, we've decided to use Top Rating for the final weeks of the season so that everyone could play as much as they wanted without risking rewards that they'd previously earned. The fact that this could happen in Season 1 is why many players tended to earn a tier and then just sit on their rating until the end of the season. This way they can keep playing whatever mode they like without risking anything.

As for using Top Rating retroactively, the numbers that we had were actually inaccurate because they were never reset between Season 1 and Season 2. So the number in your profile was actually your best lifetime Top Rating, and not your Top Rating from Season 2. We felt that the best compromise was to reset the Top Ratings and then use Top Rating for rewards at the end of the season.

I agree with this AND EVERYTHING ELSE

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

09-12-2012

wait... so whole update is just some stupid icons?
i expected improvements in matchmaking so i dont have to ****ing play with 1 win noobs at 1200 elo

VegaD

09-12-2012

At the beginning of season 2, everyone's elo got reset to 1200. Does that mean that we all start at silver ranking come start of season 3?

"wait... so whole update is just some stupid icons?
i expected improvements in matchmaking so i dont have to ****ing play with 1 win noobs at 1200 elo"

^ And to phrase this fine young gentleman(I assume) in a better way, are you guys taking measures to improve the matching so that someone with 1k ranked games and "belongs" in 1200 doesn't end up playing with someone brand new to ranked? 1200 could be changed to whatever number you guys decide to dump new people in, you get the point

Örb Jr

09-12-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
For Season 2, we've decided to use Top Rating for the final weeks of the season so that everyone could play as much as they wanted without risking rewards that they'd previously earned. The fact that this could happen in Season 1 is why many players tended to earn a tier and then just sit on their rating until the end of the season. This way they can keep playing whatever mode they like without risking anything.

As for using Top Rating retroactively, the numbers that we had were actually inaccurate because they were never reset between Season 1 and Season 2. So the number in your profile was actually your best lifetime Top Rating, and not your Top Rating from Season 2. We felt that the best compromise was to reset the Top Ratings and then use Top Rating for rewards at the end of the season.

But if you look at my Season 1 top rating for 5s, it was 1462. For season 2, my top rating is 1862 and current rating is 1715. Isn't it obvious that my top rating is for Season 2 is 1862?

im Tyler

09-12-2012

[*]Silver summoner icon for each queue in which you are Silver tier

What does he mean by each queue? So if we make silver in 3v3 team and Solo ranked, there are 2 icons? Or is it that by making the tier in one of the three ranked queues we will receive the reward?

ScottyRawr

09-12-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
Under the new system, everyone who has finished their provisional games is at least Bronze, so as long as you're level 30, you can earn some of this stuff just by trying out Ranked.

It might not be immediately clear but 850 isn't the new requirement for Bronze. All ratings qualify for Bronze. 850 is just the cutoff for Bronze VI, which gives you an upgrade to the look of your profile medal.

What if you're not Level 30 yet? :/