Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathsangelz

09-12-2012

do you get rewarded for highest elo all season or after the patch, i was gold at one point now im barely silver. so would i get gold credit?

Tiduzz

09-12-2012

I have reached Gold rating this season, but I am currently not Gold now. Do I still qualify for the Gold rewards?

Sa00xZ

Recruiter

09-12-2012

maybe is a stupid question, i don't have janna unlocked and my elo is 1520 (gold). So, i will need to unlock Janna to get the skin or i will get Janna AND the skin?

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

woot i get a new janna skin

Echorion

09-12-2012

I remember when league was about the player. Now it's only about the pro player.

Everyone else gets dumped on.

HayabusaZero

09-12-2012

I have one question: This season won't have a "Judgement Kayle" type of reward for all the summoners who play in it?

On the other hand, i haven't played a single ranked game this season (still collecting champs and normal experience for next season, when i finally start ranked), so i won't have an opportunity to get any rewards, but at least i appreciate the work Riot has put into this, and hope a great number of summoners get rewards =)

trollizer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Diamond? Are we following pokemon role? What is next elo? Black and white?

CursedEgg

09-12-2012

the "team" elo in the pag works for 5v5 AND for 3v3 or just 5v5?

WaveofShadow

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Good questions! Parts of this system will be maintained, but we also have a lot more improvements and changes in the works for Season 3.

As for buying Elo, we're going to be actively monitoring this and we're willing to remove rewards or issue other penalties if we have evidence of this or any other methods of scamming the rewards.
No offense Yegg, but I don't see how you're going to deal with this.
Apparently it will be as simple as joining your friend's high elo 3v3 or 5v5 team for a free Diamond forum badge + rewards, because there is no ingame tracking of "percentage of games played on the team" like WoW used to have.

Helm

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimisticPanda View Post
Ok let me get this straight,
My top rating: 2070
Current: 2012
When this patch comes into play is my current elo going to be 2070? Or is my top and current both going to be 2012?
Your current ELO (2012 in this case) will be the one saved. Basically your highest elo achieved is erased, but you will be rewarded for being 2012 even if you drop below that.

drop below 2012? rewarded for 2012

rise to 2500? rewarded for being 2500

all good?