Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
8 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophioneus View Post
Yegg, will this ranking system be maintained on Season 3? Most of the people will have less fear of playing ranked with Top Rating being the main argument.

Also, this system may be "dangerous" since there are some people who buy ELO, which is forbidden by the code. Are there some measures to counteract this?
Good questions! Parts of this system will be maintained, but we also have a lot more improvements and changes in the works for Season 3.

As for buying Elo, we're going to be actively monitoring this and we're willing to remove rewards or issue other penalties if we have evidence of this or any other methods of scamming the rewards.

devestator33

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclessian View Post
With the patch, your current ELO will be the one saved. So if you drop to 1000 like you said, you'll get the rewards for being 1280, but if you go higher (like 1500) you will be rewarded for that higher ELO
Ah ok thank you for explaining it. The wording is a bit unclear. Now to go play ranked

PJ FlyingFallus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

yegg you are confusing me...you say you are reseting your top rating to your current elo and that will be used to give out prizes...but then you say" exactly thats why we are implementing this!!! you keep your gold prizes locked and you can just keep playing ranked with any fear!

Phyrexia

09-12-2012

So no reward for the general populace like the Kayle skin last time? Bummer.

Xemozu

09-12-2012

When exactly are you resetting the top rating?

RÊD

09-12-2012

if the starting elo is 1200, everybody gets silver badge who dont play ranked? thats still unfair if a person starts at 1200 elo and loses one match, he/she will still have 1150+ qualifying for silver lol..

dwadwfr

09-12-2012

well time to hit the ranked games an hopefully get it up in 3 days... aww who am i kidding? i knew i should've played more ranked

ImBadMercyPls

09-12-2012

Ok let me get this straight,
My top rating: 2070
Current: 2012
When this patch comes into play is my current elo going to be 2070? Or is my top and current both going to be 2012?

Cruz3r

09-12-2012

Yegg can u plz answer
You say we get medals on our profile but what about the Summoner Icon frames? Do those get changed? Because I do not want to keep a silver frame on my icon for the rest of my league days...

Anlysia

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
if the starting elo is 1200, everybody gets silver badge who dont play ranked? thats still unfair if a person starts at 1200 elo and loses one match, he/she will still have 1150+ qualifying for silver lol..
You have to complete your Placement Matches, which could put you anywhere from 800 to 1600 depending how they go.