Jungle Shyvana Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chamenas

09-12-2012

The build I use for Jungle Shyvana is tanky, which seems to be fairly standard. However, at times, you're going to have teams that stink, that you need to carry, that won't have any damage. So I'm wondering if there's any deviations I can put in my build to do some damage if I need to makeup for a lack of it on my team.

Bonus question:
When I'm jungling, what do I do when I go to help one lane, and another one has problems. I feel like, in far too many games, that if I try to help one lane, another lane dies. I can't be everywhere, and yet I get the flack of abuse from the team when all of them begin to fall apart because they seem to constantly require my presence. I tell them to ward, I ping care, stuff like that, but no one ever seems to listen.

TeknoWizard

09-12-2012

Well, I find that a Phage, Wriggle's and Wit's End provides me with all the damage I need to make a contribution.

And people are always going to blame the jungler. Do what you can. If you do your best, then they're stupid for demanding more.

Chamenas

09-12-2012

Well, those are all items I build but while I do fairly nice damage. Sometimes my team's damage is really low. If I need to compensate for that, do I add any other items after, for damage, instead of one of the tankier items?

Chamenas

09-12-2012

Do I just have to accept that if my team does no damage that we lose?

dirtycatholic

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamenas View Post
Do I just have to accept that if my team does no damage that we lose?
If your team just doesn't have the dmg, try selling your wriggles a lil earlier and replacing it with bt. There's wiggle room for ya but you can only build what the situation demands. Obviously goin straight dmg won't work unless you're roflstomping

Idiotdroid

09-12-2012

Shyvana is able to clear her jungle really fast, allowing her to gank or counter jungle early on. You need to kind of look ahead and see which lanes are going to need your help before your jungle is cleared, sometimes just showing up in a lane will cause the enemy to stay back, or waste a flash. I find her ganks to be pretty weak, but some really good players can make up for that. If your team lacks damage that seems to be an issue with your carries, so help those lanes out more, rather than sacrificing your tankiness. I feel like if all three lanes are doing bad, its better to just let top kind of handle things himself and try to get your carries more fed. Babysit a lane if needed, you really need those carries to get fed. Top lane wont be such a threat if your carry is doing better than the enemy carry

Chamenas

09-12-2012

Just went 4/0/11 and lost... our Darius was fairly fed, but our Corki was only doing "eh" damage. Fizz was pretty bursty, but Fizz, Nunu and Corki kept overextending, even when we pinged them to fall back. Was literally just nothing I felt I could do since I didn't have the damage to push people off turrets. I had to dump so much money in wards (because almost no one else was getting them) and had to do so much early roaming just to get things like bot lane rolling that, at 51 minutes into the game, I had finished my Frozen Mallet and was about 1k short of a Randuin's.

I tried to do everything I could in that game to carry my team and I just couldn't. It's frustrating because I love Shyv, I'm enjoying the jungle role (even though Shyv is the only jungler I really like, which stinks), but I'm just finding it hard to carry my team and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Bi11ionaire

09-12-2012

I play shyvana off-tank with wit's end, frozen mallet, wriggle's merc treads and a warmogs then alter from there.

Koyomi

09-13-2012

Start boots -> wriggles -> wits end -> frozen mallet -> sunfire cape/warmogs -> ??

Cerebralbore101

09-13-2012

AS boots, Trinity Force, and a Bloodthirster make for a carry shyv. She hits W, Ults in, Spews E on all of them to lower their armor, and then Q's the whole team. It's pretty brutal. Add in a Madred's and your Q will wreck their hp so fast it isn't even funny, since Q doubles on hit effects.