Fizz and Lichbane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flameo4

09-12-2012

Lately ive seen fizz's on both my team and the enemy's team rush a lich bane as there 1st major item and I know that fizz's q can activate sheen and lich bane but is it a good first major item?

ViashinoWizard

09-12-2012

Lich Bane is never a good first big item because unlike Deathcap or DFG its passive isn't effecient with just the AP it gives you. It's definitely a very good item for a burster like AP Fizz and depending on the champion getting it as a second item can be good (hello Twisted Fate).

Unless you're playing bruiser Fizz, in which case you want Trinity Force instead.

dirtycatholic

09-12-2012

I agree with first response, but would like to add that I personally buy sheen first then rush deathcap and believe it is crucial to the way in which i play him. The ap is good plus the mana and proc which adds decent dmg and all that for 1260? Hellz ya!

Resent

09-12-2012

Get Sheen early, but only finish it into Lich Bane after you get some AP. A good rule to follow is, get Lich Bane when you already have more than double your AD in AP.

Cerebralbore101

09-13-2012

I build Sorc boots, and Lich Bane as my first items on Fizz. If you time your Lich Bane Procs with your skills correctly you can proc it three to four times in a fight. When you have 45 AP from runes, and 80 AP from Lich Bane at level 6 you wind up doing an extra 375-500 damage off your combo to the enemy mid. The extra movespeed it gives you helps you gank other lanes better, and the extra mana is just what Fizz needs to keep the pressure on. The extra MR it gives you helps you tank the enemy mid's spells better as well. With the movespeed, damage, and MR combined it really helps you dominate your lane.

Look at my Fizz games to see what I mean.

TheOneMillion

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebralbore101 View Post
I build Sorc boots, and Lich Bane as my first items on Fizz. If you time your Lich Bane Procs with your skills correctly you can proc it three to four times in a fight. When you have 45 AP from runes, and 80 AP from Lich Bane at level 6 you wind up doing an extra 375-500 damage off your combo to the enemy mid. The extra movespeed it gives you helps you gank other lanes better, and the extra mana is just what Fizz needs to keep the pressure on. The extra MR it gives you helps you tank the enemy mid's spells better as well. With the movespeed, damage, and MR combined it really helps you dominate your lane.

Look at my Fizz games to see what I mean.
Or you can spend that 2200 gold on something worth it, since are not getting a lich bane by level 6. and IF you are level 6, you dont have +40 AP from runes, and if you do, wtf are you doing. If you want that MR, grab a cloak and sit on it. Or grab an abyssal. Lich bane is never a good first item. Sheen on the other hand isnt bad.

Cerebralbore101

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneMillion View Post
Or you can spend that 2200 gold on something worth it, since are not getting a lich bane by level 6. and IF you are level 6, you dont have +40 AP from runes, and if you do, wtf are you doing. If you want that MR, grab a cloak and sit on it. Or grab an abyssal. Lich bane is never a good first item. Sheen on the other hand isnt bad.
What would be something worth it? 40+ Ap from runes is easy as fizz. Heck you start out with 22 ap. Just use all the offense masteries, along with flat AP quints, and ap per level glyphs. If you grab a cloak, why not keep building into a lich bane? Abyssal scepter is not a good item on fizz.

Pigsfoot

09-14-2012

Just be a baws

Sheen>mejais>lichbane