Squishy Champions - What do you do when an enemy suddenly appears beside you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhyFye

11-16-2009

This is one thing I've been wondering about. Examples are stealth enemies or Champions who have ability like Jax's (the leaping bit). What do you do? I mean of course you could just slow/stun/simply get away but it tends to shorten your early game laning by a considerable amount. I need help.

TKana

11-16-2009

Depends who i'm playing and who's attacking. Rooting/stunning always works, followed by a step back and full out damage and a pot. Most of these sneak classes are horrible at burst DPS at low level laning and most can be hurt more then they hurt you after their jump on you.

Evelyn doesnt get bursty enough till about level 4-5 to take you down fast enough, Tiwtch is highly dependant on gear and Jax only has his stun. Sure, its dangerous, but nearly every squishy has a root of some sort. Root him, get some distance and unload your nukes. Cant be dodged, so no stuns.

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2009

I've been in some lower level games recently. For twitch, often knowing when to attack him back is key and by wards. Buying wards seems expensive, until it nets you a kill or prevents a kill. 300 dollars is half of a ward.

Also, if you let any of these characters get first blood and then rack up so creep kills and some hero kills it will be tough to destroy them. That is how lol is designed. And if you think that the characters are overpowered, play them and then see how other squishes own you. I often learn a characters weakness through playing that character.

WhyFye

11-16-2009

Not saying they're overpowered. I'm just puzzled what to do if Jax gets a leap on you and you're Shiv or someone softer. Sure you can get away after but the huge chunk of health taken away is a sure signal to other enemies to gank you minutes later. But yes, sound advice. I'll try them thanks!

Meanwhile, other tips are of course still welcome.

YJong

11-16-2009

well, for low levelled laning, i will just stick really close to my creeps. any hit they land on me will cause about 3-4 creeps to start hitting him. provided i am behind my creeps, i can then land a few hits of my own without any aggro from his creeps.

of course, if the guy would risk it by creep diving, he probably has a good plan to kill me with. so i guess in those cases i will usually scoot after stunning or slowing him for my creeps to whack.

WhyFye

11-16-2009

@YJong: Thanks! So if you're a low-hp hero, it'll probably be a good idea to back off when your minions are down to two.

Holypope

11-16-2009

I tend to start every game with the two regen items needed for Tiamat. You can buy both with your starting gold. If you're getting pecked at by Jax jumps or ranged players, you can just back up a little while you regen. The benefits are small, but they're usually enough to get you to L6 or so when you make your 1st larger purchase.

CryHavoc

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyFye View Post
Not saying they're overpowered. I'm just puzzled what to do if Jax gets a leap on you and you're Shiv or someone softer. Sure you can get away after but the huge chunk of health taken away is a sure signal to other enemies to gank you minutes later. But yes, sound advice. I'll try them thanks!

Meanwhile, other tips are of course still welcome.
First of all, if you're new to this game, you shouldn't be laning alone. Make sure you stay relatively close to your teammates and your creeps early on. If you see a Jax walking toward you, it's probably because he's initiated his skills and is about to attack, so back off.

Secondly, as someone who's never played DotA and therefore had to go through the brutal learning curve, I can say for sure that this game is all about doing the little things right. 50 or 60 health may not seem like a lot, but when you take that extra damage here and there, you might end up with only 2/5ths health when you should be at 3/4ths, and early game that could be the difference between getting ganked and a really bad start to actually have opportunities to counter-gank if the opponent over-pursues or makes a tactical error.

ABM. ALWAYS be moving. If you have a good player on your team, watch their movement pattern. It may seem random at first, but it's not. They are always seeking to position themselves at a tactical advantage to whoever they're laning against. You really never do know when an opportunity to damage the enemy without taking any will present itself, so you should always be ready to use your abilities. And you should actively be asking yourself if you're last-hitting enough -- that's key, and part of the positioning battle you'll have against the other team. There IS a lot of subtlety involved that isn't apparent until you've played for a while.

Add some good players to your friends list and play with them. Vent (Ventrilo) with them if possible, that way if you make a mistake they have the ability to give you instant feedback, and more detailed info than what can be accomplished by a keyboard.

toomad

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyFye View Post
What do you do when an enemy suddenly appears beside you?
this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvztec3fxRg

Catmuffins

11-16-2009

catalyst protector imo