Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

epicly heroic

Recruiter

02-05-2013

I've only recently started doing tribunal voting and I didn't know that it used to reward IP. I agree that the efforts put forth into the tribunal cases should be with the best intentions of helping the gaming community but I also feel there should be SOME rewards as well. Maybe a reward skin or boost or runes on some occasion for doing exemplary work. Reward(s) for good service is always a comfort even though participants should be taking part for non-selfish reasons.

FatherD

02-05-2013

Quote:
epicly heroic:
I've only recently started doing tribunal voting and I didn't know that it used to reward IP. I agree that the efforts put forth into the tribunal cases should be with the best intentions of helping the gaming community but I also feel there should be SOME rewards as well. Maybe a reward skin or boost or runes on some occasion for doing exemplary work. Reward(s) for good service is always a comfort even though participants should be taking part for non-selfish reasons.

Post and use the tribunal forum. We have plenty of info and stickies to answer all of your questions.

K G Morder

02-05-2013

Something I would recommend is a way to attach a comment to your judgement.

I saw one case where the guy that got reported was a dick, yeah, but the case was not quite as black and white, because his team also consisted of other dicks, so i found it a touch call to punish or pardon because it wasn't quite an easy call. they were all just as bad as the guy they were reporting, kind of making their reports invalid. or, making them somewhat worthy to stand trial as well.

adding something like that to a note, maybe attached to the skip button, so it asks you why you chose to skip, or something.

On the reward system:

getting some IP for it was nice, but for me anyway- it wasn't enough IP to really justify giving a damn about the reward. A pretty miniscule amount that really barely registered with me. It may sound cheesy and stuff, but i do tribunal because i want to weed out the toxic players in the community and contribute to a better gameplay atmosphere.

That said, any reward you guys see fit to add is absolutely fine with me.

EDIT: any way to add champ select chat too? In some cases it could add context.

Aars3th

02-10-2013

I'm on tribunals to rape the toxic players!!

"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one"

Dimpfoid

02-18-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
In our research, we’ve discovered that the vast majority of Tribunal voters don’t come to the Tribunal for IP – it’s a trivial amount for each case that players don’t really feel good about. Players come to the Tribunal day after day because they want to make a difference in the community. What’s even more important, though, is this: we discovered that the players who come to the Tribunal to make a difference are the most accurate voters and the players who come just for IP tend to be the least accurate.

In light of this research, we’ve decided to run a large-scale experiment to replace IP rewards with two brand new features in the Tribunal:

Something I feel is important to be recognized here is that just because people were dissatisfied with the amount of IP they were getting from the tribunal, doesn't mean that you should completely do away with the rewards associated with the system.

That's like saying a car with a bad engine shouldn't have an engine at all. Without even a bad engine, the car can't go anywhere unless you're Freddy Flinstone.

I happen to be one of those players who wants to improve the League of Legends community, but who also expects to be rewarded for his efforts. If I am going to support your company (Riot) and this community (LoL), then why on earth shouldn't that company and community support me back in a way that is does not cost either anything.

I have often noted on Riot games' failures regarding policy-making. It's like those in charge don't understand how human beings operate. People respond to incentive. When I learned via my support request that I couldn't earn IP from the tribunal any more, my Incentive to vote thoughtfully plummeted, and as a result, my voting accuracy fell from 98.X% to 95.X% and my 145-case streak ended. Attached is a screenshot of my Justice Review.

For a long time now I have been a proponent of a different rewards system for tribunal contributors. I have tried numerous times to express it to League support via support requests, but they always direct me to the forums. I thought that talking directly to a Riot employee would bypass a lot of red tape and prevent my ideas from being drowned in a deluge of noise. I hope that I'm not wasting my time and energy here.

Two recommendations that I can make to Riot games itself are these:
1. Hire an economist. Economists understand incentive, and will be able to provide invaluable insight to you concerning how you should shape your game so that people feel good about playing it and contributing to the community.
2. Read the game design articles of Mark Rosewater: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?author=Mark%20Rosewater Though at times pompous, falsely humble, and an awful pun-smith, the man knows human psychology and game design, and his articles are a PhD level course in game-design and understanding humans.

Edit: It seems I had to attach my screenshot as a zip file.

Edit 2: It seems that the attachment system doesn't accept attachments.

FailyMcSadPants

02-18-2013

Lol Tribunal.

W/O reading anything, click punish every case, in 2 weeks you have 97% accuracy.

Someone that said GG EZ gets the same punishment as someone that said **** YOU ****** JEW **** NAZIS KILL YOU ****.

the system is obviously working.

Yelvo

03-21-2013

I think rewards are a neccesary part of any punishing system. you may say that the reward is the result of the voting (punish if you punish, pardon if you pardon), but that is a general reward, not an individual one. 5 ip per correct veredict is not much, but it´s something

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2011/289/b/b/it__s_something_by_rober_raik-d4czhxe.png

hellyeah110

03-23-2013

I feel that the reward shouldnt be taken away perhaps a new reward system would be good

letter black

03-30-2013

for those people that only want to work on the tribunal for the reward or are claiming that riot is ripping them off by taking away the reward, i don't think you fully understand what volunteer means. if you volunteer for something it is generaly without reward besides feeling good about yourself. also for those of you that don't do anything without a reward, you are way to self centered. truthfully you really don't care about the community (only yourself) so there is no point of you being on the tribunal.

Luchoz

04-08-2013

The reward it just a motivational way to say "thx players to help us".

PS: Add some ip boost reward in game or something like that