Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EsojSavior

10-26-2012

Oh most definitely, honestly I am all for the system being lenient. I would rather err on the side of caution and allow players the chance to contest the Tribunal's decision should they feel it is unwarranted.

BlahDS

10-26-2012

I feel like the biggest problem is that people are WAY too lenient in the tribunal

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5829134/#nogo
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5829080/
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5828901/#nogo

^^^^ those are a few pardons I saw out of the 20 cases I did today, but i feel like they are OBVIOUSLY toxic players who didn't get punished. I want to hear peoples opinions on why they think they should/shouldn't be punished.

Also, an idea i have for the tribunal would be maybe when you vote punish, you can check off a box for what you punished for, often the original reason they were reported is different from why I punished a player (most commonly because I punish for negative attitude a lot so even without swearing or harassing people often get punished by me). Later, when you look over your old cases you can see why some people voted punish more clearly.

Another idea I have is maybe you could highlight a line or two that you thought were crucial to making your decision and later when you look over cases you can see what lines of text were most influential to people voting punish

really, i want this because i hope that maybe some people will look at the cases they voted pardon for, and then see some highlighted lines that the punishers highlighted and maybe realize that actually those players were toxic

Gribblez

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahDS View Post
I feel like the biggest problem is that people are WAY too lenient in the tribunal

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5829134/#nogo
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5829080/
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5828901/#nogo

^^^^ those are a few pardons I saw out of the 20 cases I did today, but i feel like they are OBVIOUSLY toxic players who didn't get punished. I want to hear peoples opinions on why they think they should/shouldn't be punished.

Also, an idea i have for the tribunal would be maybe when you vote punish, you can check off a box for what you punished for, often the original reason they were reported is different from why I punished a player (most commonly because I punish for negative attitude a lot so even without swearing or harassing people often get punished by me). Later, when you look over your old cases you can see why some people voted punish more clearly.

Another idea I have is maybe you could highlight a line or two that you thought were crucial to making your decision and later when you look over cases you can see what lines of text were most influential to people voting punish

really, i want this because i hope that maybe some people will look at the cases they voted pardon for, and then see some highlighted lines that the punishers highlighted and maybe realize that actually those players were toxic
Case 5821934- Pardon. Player cursed in 1 game, rest of reports looked bogus. Last report game was just childish.

Case 5829090- Pardon. Player was on the receiving end of some toxicity from opposing team. Looks like at end of game he slipped up by saying GG baddies, but still pardonable considering totality of circumstances.

Case 5828901 - Pardon. Same as previous case.

BlahDS

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribblez View Post
Case 5821934- Pardon. Player cursed in 1 game, rest of reports looked bogus. Last report game was just childish.

Case 5829090- Pardon. Player was on the receiving end of some toxicity from opposing team. Looks like at end of game he slipped up by saying GG baddies, but still pardonable considering totality of circumstances.

Case 5828901 - Pardon. Same as previous case.

Case 5821934- look at the game where they play as draven and ill tell you he is creating a negative atmosphere for SURE

Case 5829090- he calls the olaf guy bs and is calling somebody on the other team a "dumbas" and it doesnt matter whether they were on the recieving end of toxicity or not, as long as they broke rules they should be punished whether or not they started it.

Case 5828901 - calls people ******* and often says "stfu" to people, again, it doesnt matter who was trolling/being toxic first, the annie/ashe player responded badly which should be a punish :/

just like if you go to court, if you rob something from another guy cuz they robbed you, you will BOTH get into trouble

Captain Eissel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

lololol.

I don't even. You're removing the IP? I mean, I know it was a small amount, but this plus the rental wards, it's not doing much for your image.

Get your **** together Riot.

Gribblez

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahDS View Post
Case 5821934- look at the game where they play as draven and ill tell you he is creating a negative atmosphere for SURE

Case 5829090- he calls the olaf guy bs and is calling somebody on the other team a "dumbas" and it doesnt matter whether they were on the recieving end of toxicity or not, as long as they broke rules they should be punished whether or not they started it.

Case 5828901 - calls people ******* and often says "stfu" to people, again, it doesnt matter who was trolling/being toxic first, the annie/ashe player responded badly which should be a punish :/

just like if you go to court, if you rob something from another guy cuz they robbed you, you will BOTH get into trouble
But this isnt court, its majority opinion. On one hand, a person could say you are being far to strict over what you are judging on. Yet on the other, you could say that the multiple people who are judging are being to lenient. I'm guessing its the former rather than the later. You have to remember that this is a game and these are your fellow summoners. People get mad sometimes, its understandable.

BlahDS

10-26-2012

well i guess you are right about me being the minority, but i guess what i should say is in my opinion, people are too lenient.

although generally speaking... just because somebody else broke some rules doesn't give you the right to break them too...

i mean... when people flame me I just say "Im sorry" (even if I am not), or i say nothing (if im extra pissed)

Wolfsleigher

10-26-2012

What happened to all my past cases?
Did they just disappear?

RaptorJebus1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohammad View Post
Awesome!

I always did find the IP to be too little
Why is this getting downvoted? I think he means that merely getting a small amount of IP didn't feel as rewarding as knowing how much you've helped the community. He's not saying or assuming that we're getting more IP now or anything like that.. I think that deserves some upvotes...

Mensoup

10-27-2012

Sorry that I haven't read through all of the riot post and if I'm repeating someones question, but how come you limit the amount of cases someone can do within 24 hours because if someone is willing to put forth more time towards helping the community they shouldn't be limited to how many cases they are able to do within a limited amount of time. I get if you are trying to limit the people who are just trolling the Tribunal, but are you going to make it so people with higher rankings in the Tribunal aren't held to the same limit as trolls.