Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soedan

10-25-2012

This makes thing even more interesting and exciting as I've always strive to make the most honest judgments whenever I am on the tribunal. I'm on the tribunal because I believe that it will do something about the seemingly endless amount of toxic players I've come across that just made my gaming experience miserable in solo queue.

My goal is to prevent others from having to share the same fate as we all want good games. The honor system is also great in my opinion as it helps yourself understand what it is about you that people like when they play a game or two with you.

For me it isn't about the IP, it is about better LoL games to be had in the (hopefully near) future and just having a good time playing to the best of my ability win or lose. Sure I like competition but I currently believe it can turn from friendly to unfriendly in the blink of an eye.

Seeing all of this and especially the honor system makes me excited because I believe everything will start changing for the better and that makes me really happy. Thanks again Lyte and Riot Games!

BlueWallpaper

10-25-2012

can you please add something that indicates after a game when you've been reported (as you do with honor). i got a warning after 2500 games and it was genuinely a surprise to me, i modified my behaviour and then got a temp ban two days later. so now i've modified my behaviour again, but i've no clue how 'well' i'm doing - are people reporting me? i've got no clue.

Xiaogongzhu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I hope that they still leave the IP... I liked it just fine

SoresuMakashi

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This experiment also helps figure out what percent of the population does Tribunal for IP versus doing them for these two new features.
I feel as if you may have messed this up by posting on the LoL main page. Seems like there would be a sudden spike (and perhaps long-term increase) in usage due to the exposure.

zcstover

10-26-2012

i think a few things that could be added to the tribunal just for ease of use is:
1. a way to change the font, because some people prefer other fonts and i don't think it's that hard
2. try to implement google translate somehow so that people cannot be limited to their understanding of a language
3. perhaps allow people to return to a skipped trial if it hasn't been judged fully yet

Fir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

I think it's time to make this game P2P, the people who care about the game already put enough into Riot Points, the least you can do is charge us a $10 yearly fee per account or something to make it a better place, so there's less 14 year old raging hormone call of duty boys on the game. I'd sign up all 3 accounts, there's $30 a year to start, I'm sure others would do the same. I've been playing this game since it's release, and no matter what you do the toxic levels only rise, attitudes are getting worse.

This tribunal junk is and has been useless since it's release, and no matter what kind of improvements you make to algorithms and all that non-sense, it will not take away the commonly toxic human behaviour that is inhibited by young boys who lose on a competitive video game that happens to be free. The intentions of the tribunal are great, but this is like trying to have high school office to send the kids to when they've been naughty, but a school that is world-wide and continuously growing. Your going to run out of volunteers one day, and the community will dig itself deeper into the pig pit.

What purpose does this Tribunal serve when someone gets reported every single game? It's impossible to play more than one game in a row, where somebody isn't screaming out "report so and so". You are lucky if you play 10 games in a day, and 2 of them were actually good experience to play with the other team and your team, the other 8 games have trolls on one side or the other. It's not fun to win against trolls, and it's not fun to lose with them either.

Stop with these bandaid solutions, and make the game a better community by charging a yearly fee per account. Enough with this slap on the wrist to children rubbish.

Or at least make it so your members can pay a yearly fee to be separated from the general population, and only play with people that want to take the game serious. This kind of behaviour only happens so very wide-spread on F2P games. Split your game into both F2P and P2P, let us P2P with P2Pers and let the F2Pers troll the other F2Pers.

Wilkenfeld

10-26-2012

I liked the IP rewads as I brought justice. I used to come for both, It was good for me "the better you judge, the more IP you get".

Anyway, I always wanted to know how I did. That improvement is pretty cool.

Gribblez

10-26-2012

I got a question about the Tribunal changes for ya Lyte. Is there a way to have a previous case rechecked? Will checked cases be fixed in the Justice review for those that are found to be mistakenly punished or pardoned (trying to keep my percentage as high as I can)?

I am asking this because I have been watching my progress for cases that I have judged on and there is one in particular that just doesnt seem like he should get a time ban, even though that was the judgement. This is the case per say;
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5830231/

At first glance it looks like he may have fed, but he was only reported by 1 ally. Just by reading the chat you can see that his team is toxic. To me this seems more like a case of a unskilled player or a team that just got stomped on.

EsojSavior

10-26-2012

It is actually quite, quite amazing. For all the complaints that Tribunal is so harsh...actually seeing the results. It is pretty eye-opening. There has already been numerous cases that I have seen pardoned where someone is harassing their team and the enemy team to an extreme degree, but they have been overwhelmingly pardoned.

When Riot and particularly, Lyte, say that Tribunal edges on the side of leniency, they actually mean it. I have yet to see someone punished where it was questionable and if anything, it is people who are pardoned where it may be questionable. I say Tribunal is working and a much better system than given credit for.

Gribblez

10-26-2012

I completely agree with you EsojSavior, but I still think that some cases should be pointed out to be rechecked for consistency. I realize we dont get the full history behind the players, but I feel people should be given the benefit of a second chance if a reviewing judge believes a decision is faulty for a player.