Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rkt Jso mk IV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-25-2012

Yea, I'll chime in:

I review cases occasionally, and the IP was a factor in deciding to do so.

I also don't like the idea of this leaderboard. It is basically a snitch list, and it doesn't make me want to aspire to be the best ban hammer. I think the team should re-examine incentives for the Tribunal. That's opinion, so perhaps over time your statistics will prove me otherwise. And maybe I'm the bad seed that you mention, who doesn't contribute to the Tri, but only farms it for IP. I like to think otherwise..

Also, I believe a false positive report may happen occasionally because as people leave the post-game lobby, the order of the player list can change (and you therefore the reporter clicks to report the wrong person). I seem to recall seeing this in the past at least.

Lastly, I may have forgotten the Summoner's code and need to review it, but if allies and/or enemies precipitate a conflict am I still under the gun for lashing out? Some of the things people say can make my blood boil from time to time, and since the input device for typing is so close to the input for moving and spellcasting (identical, some might say) and also due to the pace of the game, I don't get the mental downtime to censor myself like I could in an email or on facebook. I'll work at impulse control, but I'd like to know what other people think of this predicament.

EDIT: I looked over the rules, Tri guidelines state to report all bad behaviour and the person faces possible judgment. Summoner's code though... you guys, Riot. That thing seems kinda fuzzy and vague.

Anyways, despite all my skepticism and whatnot, I look forward to what this brings.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gavran

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
I laud your dedication, but for me, the IP before wasn't even worth the time invested. So, I still won't be using Tribunal.
It was definitely a minimal amount, but I found it was pretty easy to work it in over the course of the day. At least 90% of it was done while waiting for friends to finish games so I could play with them. I also genuinely do care about cleaning up the community... just not enough to do it with no reward to me whatsoever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faeces

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAter dementis View Post
Yarp. I've spent over 800 dollars over the last 3 years. I got banned because morons don't know how to use the ignore button. I almost always ONLY start *****ing when my team is feeding incredibly bad.
I don't grief.
I don't use racist comments.
I tried explaining myself to Riot, that MY gaming experience was being ruined by people who refused to cooperate and play as a team, and instead I get reported.

Riot didnt like what I had to say. My main account was banned for 200 years.

I have other friends who have spent THOUSANDS on this game. They have stopped playing for fear of losing their own accounts.

Riot just doesnt care about the loyal customers anymore.

Fun fact - my account wasn't banned for 200 years , maybe you should visit some anger management therapy or something ?

In fact I haven't even been banned once - only got suspended for few minutes for leaving a game ( my internet broke so not my fault really lol ) for 2 years .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutekhseth View Post
I very rarely ever pardon, but that's probably because I very rarely seem the need to pardon. So many people using foul language an creating a bad atmosphere for the game.

If I'm only given punishable cases, does that mean that because I'm "spamming" punish I'll be banned?

It would be nice to be able to see the pre and post game chats as well as ingame chat.
Fairly certain it works like report, in that it's the frequency of punish decisions over very short spans of time, rather than the normal rate of the use of the Tribunal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keth3r

Junior Member

10-25-2012

its goo to have more control over this reports , im liking this very much


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAter dementis View Post
You shouldnt be Reporting people for foul language. At the same time you shouldnt be Punishing people for using foul language.

Why?

Because there's an Ignore Button AND a language Filter.

If all you see is

"You **** ***** m**** ****"

then who cares?

If You don't like what someone is saying, ignore them. That's why this system fails. People need to grow a pair and take some responsibility for what they chose to read.
Q: Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?


A: Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.

From the support site.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...2-tribunal-faq

GG


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OwangeBoy

Senior Member

10-25-2012

lyte fails every knows it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pAter dementis

Junior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavran View Post
There isn't "THOUSANDS" of dollars worth of content even available with RP. I doubt there's 800$ worth either.

" I almost always ONLY start *****ing"
Are you seriously too dense to see where you're wrong here?
Sure, between content and boosts it's easy to get up to there.

My one friend has Every Single skin (not including the skins and champs since he quit 2 months ago), every single Rune that RP and IP can buy. He also spent hundreds of dollars on boosts over the course of a couple of years to get all of that.

He has the numbers, its well over 1500.

his account is for sale btw if anyone is interested :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pAter dementis

Junior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Q: Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?
It's a redundant redundancy. A failure of the system.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
A: Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.
GG
When I am harping on a player, it's usually because they have already created a negative experience for ME, mostly in the form of stupid gameplay and constant feeding.
CASE AND POINT
My team was terrible this game. Yet the 45 honor points I accumulated over the previous two weeks were not enough to cancel the ONE report that got me banned.

The system fails.

You fanbois have no clue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAter dementis View Post
When I am harping on a player, it's usually because they have already created a negative experience for ME, mostly in the form of stupid gameplay and constant feeding.
CASE AND POINT
My team was terrible this game. Yet the 45 honor points I accumulated over the previous two weeks were not enough to cancel the ONE report that got me banned.

The system fails.

You fanbois have no clue.
If you aren't prepared to get teammates who play badly, you shouldn't sign up for RANDOM TEAMMATES. Being unlucky enough to be matched against much better opponents is not toxic behavior creating a negative experience for other players. *****ing out people who were unlucky IS toxic.