Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Winterstride

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
A few questions:

How many games were on his Tribunal report?
In how many of those games did he seem extremely toxic?
What type of toxicity was present in those games?
In that one game, did he do anything wrong aside from give up at the very end of the game?
A counter question: how does any of that matter? I would think that once is more than enough.

Elanorien

09-14-2012

KT Samurai, I had a really ludicrous pardon too in my cases today.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5703331/

I mean just look at this guy's language and behavior in all 4 games, just disgusting. I voted Punish, and I'm in the minority he's pardoned, and faces no consequences. What up with that?!?! >< And I had another one too where someone that was NOT the reported person was REEEAALLYYY out of line, making IRL death threats seemingly not in jest.

If there are anymore Riot folks reading this....is it worth it to screenshot cases such as these 2 example and submit a report ticket via the websites support page with the SS and/or Case number to ensure the players are dealt with as they should be?

Daen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
A counter question: how does any of that matter? I would think that once is more than enough.
Context is everything. If I'm watching a game in spectator mode where it's blatantly obvious the game's ending within the next couple minutes and someone either sells everything or re-does his build to be trolly (AD on AP carries, etc.) I wouldn't consider that to be a troll/toxic thing, I'd just consider that to be either something to do for fun when it's obvious it won't matter or a way to vent frustration without raging.

Do you happen to have a URL or a screenshot of the case in question? I haz a curious.

Edit: @Elanorien that's absolutely ridiculous. I cannot believe that's a pardon.

Elanorien

09-14-2012

Quote:

Edit: @Elanorien that's absolutely ridiculous. I cannot believe that's a pardon.
Isn't it?!?!?! I was shocked, I repeatedly checked the row to make sure I was looking at the right case/outcome. I'm really considering opening a ticket to bring it to their attention. I mean you only need to read the first like 4 lines of the first game to see it! ><

Protofish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5705267/

Everything looks normal til game 5...turns into the hulk in that game. I opted to punish him, majority pardon.

It's not a huge deal, but still really funny. lol

Kingpotato

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is not a bug! It means very few players agreed with you that that person deserves to be pardoned. This response is relative to your response.

When you click the case, it shows the generic result of the Reform Card--in this case, the majority of the community agreed to punish that player.

I bolded the part I have a problem with. Today I did my 21 cases and got 17 correct, the 4 i got wrong others didnt seem to think they needed punishing.

THAT IS WRONG 3/4 of those 4 were clear cut cases of needing to be punished, you just had to look for it.

One was a teemo reported for feeding. He went 0/3/0 and his ONLY ITEM was lvl 1 boots after a 20 minute game and only 13 cs, he was solo top and had over 2k gold. That is INTENTIONALLY not playing properly i.e ruining the game for his team mates and deserves punishment.

Another one was a Xin refused to attack the nexus to finish the game, evident via chat logs and purposely stuffed around to either throw the game or artificially lengthen it. His team then lost. NOT PLAYING TO WIN, is a punishable offence he was blatantly trolling his team.

3rd case was a 0/10/1 and a 0/12/0 cho who was even reported by the enemy team for feeding. I dont know about you but people on the Opposing team dont report people who help them unless they generally believe they are doing something wrong. Either way you look at it it should have been decided by a riot employee. Ergo i needed to click punish to make that happen.

The 4th case was a polite game with no trash talk, and a darius who was reported goes GG nubs at the ends. However minor an offence that may be it obviously upset someone. And as the summoners code states Directly "show Humility in Victory, and Grace in Defeat" Calling people nubs because you won belittles the opponents performance and is poor sportsman ship. This also deserved a clear cut punish.

So this is my problem just because the majority of people. ( The average person obviously doesnt know the summoners code or is too lenient) Because the Majority decision is these 4 cases alone was flat out wrong and is the reason the subtle trolls that still ruin games are rampant. ( polite/play innocent in chat logs kind of trolls)

The way you have changed this tribunal system also punishs me via inaccurate reports and "less streak rewards" because the average person was too incompetent to get the right answer. People who break the summoners code/rules should get punished, period.

I would just like your general thoughts on this particularly because it makes me want to give up on the tribunal for good.

Daen

Recruiter

09-15-2012

In general it seems like I'm getting a lot of cases that seem pretty obvious to be a pardon until you look really carefully at every single game and the text from allies/enemies then piece it together into an obvious punish. It seems as though a lot of people aren't really watching as closely and just judging on the face value of cases.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Protofish

09-15-2012

Quote:
In general it seems like I'm getting a lot of cases that seem pretty obvious to be a pardon until you look really carefully at every single game and the text from allies/enemies then piece it together into an obvious punish. It seems as though a lot of people aren't really watching as closely and just judging on the face value of cases.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Yeah just happened a few times, broke my streak yo!

WMGTea

09-15-2012

Hi, my name is _____ and I am 2600 elo on the Tribunal ladder.

But in all seriousness, this seems pretty interesting. New minigame :>.

NegaStoat

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorien View Post
KT Samurai, I had a really ludicrous pardon too in my cases today.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5703331/
I'm at a loss for words over this. And this was recent?

I'm either really sad with the Tribunal workers who were a part of this, or really sad with the internal filter that might have been responsible for overturning it. I don't know the facts as to how it could have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpotato View Post
I bolded the part I have a problem with. Today I did my 21 cases and got 17 correct, the 4 i got wrong others didnt seem to think they needed punishing.

THAT IS WRONG 3/4 of those 4 were clear cut cases of needing to be punished, you just had to look for it.
Read all of your post, and that's exactly what was happening to me back in May when I was doing tribunal. I recently returned to doing cases, thinking that things have improved... But I guess they haven't.