Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Varrok

09-12-2012

Message from Dr. Lyte.

Get equipped with new Tribunal.

Xaeonis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We'll be launching these features in all regions in the near future. IP Rewards will still be handed out to players until the end of September, where we will turn it off and begin the full experiments.

I gotta know what is your twisted reasoning behind removing the tiny IP rewards that were in place already for this 'ranking system' that I have to put time and effort (because you want me to make GOOD decisions right) into and yet get nothing in return.

Im not asking for a multitude of rewards - but this IS work. No doubt about it. Im improving the game I play in.

Its like community service picking up trash - you STILL can put that on a resume and potential employers will look kindly on it.

I cant put 'I judged people accurately in an online video game' anywhere and get anything BESIDES laughed at.

There NEEDS to be some sort of TANGIBLE reward in place. This ranking system is kinda BS.

DocBarber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
We'll be launching these features in all regions in the near future. IP Rewards will still be handed out to players until the end of September, where we will turn it off and begin the full experiments.
When you mention full experiments why do I hear like evil mad scientist laughing in my head?

Elementalos

09-12-2012

Will this tribunal ladder pave the way for tribunal tournaments sometime in the future?

Heartlis

09-12-2012

One of you guys (Zileas I think) touted the Tribunal was insanely accurate about not punishing those who deserved it. I'm not saying the changes are bad but isn't it a solution in search of a problem? Or was Tribunal becoming less accurate?

crono411

09-12-2012

Oh here is one for you. Will we ever be able to look at cases we got wrong or ever get any warning, or feedback about types of cases we continually get wrong?

Sempire

09-12-2012

I really do tribunal to get ride of bad people, but I feel that the removal of IP is not a good thing, because i put effort and time to do tribunal and that small IP was a reward for that, now im not sure about it, I wont get any reward for helping, its like doing a job to improve a company and you don't get pay.

That small IP reward for cases was still a help for the already low IP gain per game you own inside the game, removing that is not a good idea.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-12-2012
12 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtrLuckyThanGood View Post
Why are you are taking away the IP bonus from it? you said yourself it's small so why not just keep it in for players like myself. It seems small to you but it's a game played to me and it adds up over time, and since I work a lot it helps me get some IP during my lunches. And I actually read through and don't just spam Punish (I actually think I pardon more than most probably).

TLDR: please don't remove the IP aspect from it!
To accurately run this experiment, we need to remove the IP rewards and measure whether Tribunal increases in accuracy. This experiment also helps figure out what percent of the population does Tribunal for IP versus doing them for these two new features.

We want to encourage players to use the Tribunal if they want to make a difference in the community and reduce the number of players who are trying to do the Tribunal just for IP.

Kazen247

09-12-2012

Quote:
Thanks to you and the team for the hard work and communication with the players about these new features. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

RiotNinjaTabby

Web Developer

09-12-2012
13 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crono411 View Post
Oh here is one for you. Will we ever be able to look at cases we got wrong or ever get any warning, or feedback about types of cases we continually get wrong?
Yes! On the Justice Review, you will be able to view all the cases you voted in, whether or not you voted correctly. The "Community Agreement" column in the Justice Review indicates how the community agreed with your vote.