Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Let's also give some credit to RiotNinjaTabby, RiotAaronMike, ombotcfg and VonBurgermeister for bringing these features to our players!
so i should thank them that i will probably stop doing tribunal. not like i even noticed those ip but i don't like how it looks now - you try to use my work for free with that tribunal rating as a carrot

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-12-2012
9 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazen247 View Post
Any chance forum avatars will be given for higher judgement percentages? Not that assisting in the tribunal process should be a gift exchange of sorts, but just curious if you plan on rewarding players beyond recognition on the ladder board.
There's potential for rewarding our most positive players, but this is something we're still discussing and figuring out.

Marnelos

09-12-2012

I really like the new features and the "ladder" idea but I don't understand why they can't just be added along with the IP rewards.

I liked the feeling of direct in-game reward the IP, no matter how small, gave you. Now what's left is the obviously great but indirect and abstract removal of toxic players and a ladder to showcase your name. It doesn't feel impactful, just cool.

Isn't that just going to turn some users away from the Tribunal? I don't believe there were THAT severe IP farmers that negatively affected the results. Aren't inaccurate voters given penalties such as less cases per day in the first place?

Taikero

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
Good riddance of you, then.

You could just do a couple Trib cases while a game is loading - said loading takes a few minutes anyways given how many people run League on their calculator/EZbake oven/abacus, that's usually enough for 2-3 cases at least, sometimes 5+ if they're really easy punishes.
I understand what you're saying, but there is really no incentive for me to go out of my way when I could be doing other things when there's nothing tangible in it for me. At most companies, they actually have to hire people and pay a decent wage to get the same result that Riot's Tribunal gets. It's insulting to not give your players something for their time, especially when they judge correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
I do agree that correct judgments should be rewarded whereas incorrect judgments should not be, but I think that IP was flat out poisonous to the Tribunal, attracting punish spammers hoping to farm IP and casting doubt as to the legitimacy of punishments and motivations of Trib users. I wouldn't mind if Riot wants to add a different form of reward - forum title, skin, special theme, whatever - but IP was an unfortunate mistake.
The IP rewards as they have been handed out were implemented in a lackluster way. I'll agree with you there. This is why I suggested handing out double the current IP for correct judgments only. Make the IP rewards worth it for judging correctly, and you'll see correct judgments increase. Reward zero IP for incorrect judgments. A system like that I would 100% get behind and would feel like my time was valued and I would be helping all my fellow players gain some benefit as well.

XianL

09-12-2012

Although I'm not a Tribunal user (yet! four more levels!), I've been quite looking forward to it, to dispense Justice and help remove players unfit for the community. The changes you're implementing sound excellent, and I imagine it'll make my Tribunal experience even better.

I'm curious to know what deliberation went on about the removal of the IP reward. You're implying that you're making this change to reward players who take part in the Tribunal for justice's sake, and to remove the incentive for players who may not be so vigilant when reviewing cases, and simply participate for the IP.

A court judge IRL presumably has risen to that point because he enjoys being part of the legal system; to better his society. But that doesn't mean he'll work for free. I'm not trying to say the IP reward was essential as it would be for a judge to live on, but for the legitimate Tribunal users it was certainly an appreciated bonus. Why did you remove it entirely?

DoozleDorf

09-12-2012

I review 50-100 games a week. <3 this! Thank you

Tilomentry

09-12-2012

You guys should create that judge trundle skin and give it away to people who have high accuracy and a large number of trials done

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-12-2012
10 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Scizor View Post
That's the only problem I have with it as well. Not sure why we need to be ranked.
We'll be keeping a close eye on these experiments; we do realize that for some players they prefer to be anonymous when using the Tribunal. For the current ladder, we are only showing a fraction of the top players and not everyone who uses the Tribunal--most players will see their ranking only on their personal Tribunal profile pages.

BtrLuckyThanGood

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNinjaTabby View Post
We definitely want to give users rewards for voting well and using their time to improve the community. We are tossing around lots of ideas for this, including feedback like yours. Forum avatars are worth consideration. We'd love to hear more ideas as well!
You had rewards....IP. Just leave that part in there. You could even make it so you have to have like 75% correct punish/pardon rate to get any IP at all per week or something. You see all these people obviously vexed that you are getting rid of the IP gains yet you have not responded to any of them.

2ofSpades

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzodamus View Post
I don't see the downside to ranking, could you elaborate? Just seems like a kind of fun way to recognize folks that participate a lot and vote accurately - nothin wrong with that in my book
I just don't see the need for a ranking system on a volunteered service. I'm sure some people are going to take this as some sort of competition, and I don't think that sort of motivation should be encouraged.