Upcoming Changes to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-12-2012
1 of 92 Riot Posts

Summoners!

It’s been almost a year and a half since we first launched the Tribunal and we’ve had some great results. Over 300,000 players (in NA and EU alone) who were previously punished have drastically improved their behavior as a result of Tribunal feedback and are now in good standing.

But there’s always room for improvement! Today, we’re making some changes to the Tribunal aimed at increasing its accuracy and providing players with more feedback about their voting record and effectiveness.

In our research, we’ve discovered that the vast majority of Tribunal voters don’t come to the Tribunal for IP – it’s a trivial amount for each case that players don’t really feel good about. Players come to the Tribunal day after day because they want to make a difference in the community. What’s even more important, though, is this: we discovered that the players who come to the Tribunal to make a difference are the most accurate voters and the players who come just for IP tend to be the least accurate.

In light of this research, we’ve decided to run a large-scale experiment to replace IP rewards with two brand new features in the Tribunal:

1. The Justice Review: We are adding a page where you can review individual cases you have judged and learn about your overall contributions. This includes information about how many toxic players you have helped remove, how many toxic games you have prevented, and your longest correct judgment streak. You can even view the case results for every single case you’ve voted on (even for cases you skipped).

2. The Halls of Justice: This is a new ladder for Tribunal users to see how their contributions compare to their peers. Players will get bonus points for getting streaks of cases correct and we’re excited to see and highlight the most positive contributors to the community!

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in this thread and we’ll do our best to answer them! Let's also give some credit to RiotNinjaTabby, RiotAaronMike, ombotcfg and VonBurgermeister for bringing these features to our players!

Felfire

09-12-2012

For Great Justice!

Brohammad

09-12-2012

Awesome!

I always did find the IP to be too little

crono411

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Dude love this change! When does this come into effect?

Edit: oh also will skipping mess up my streak?

Toxic Advice

09-12-2012

I would rather have you fix LOLDROP and the people ruining games. Seriously.

Puddinsnack

09-12-2012

Looks great! Thanks Lyte and Riot!

Xedrox

09-12-2012

This is why i love you lyte (no ****)

Prophet Six

09-12-2012

Thank you, Riot!

Edit: Hope Lyte got that day off we were all asking for.

Kinvaras666

09-12-2012

awesome!

I never came for the IP, I came for the lulz!

Howlboy

09-12-2012

Being able to tell if people i've punished are banned is gonna be pretty cool.