Sona, the Maven of the Strings - Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TyrsVengence

09-28-2010

Been playing her as often as I can. Enjoyable to play but sometimes I the music sounds like a low constant tone unless you spam the spells. Kinda irritating but still a fun character.

MaeFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekare View Post
Actually this movie just proved that after first week, rarely who will play her. She doesn't really have good damage dealing spells, so ppl won't make as high scores as Phreak does. In his videos he always has high stats to make champs look more appealing than they actually are. Also do notice, that during team fights he stays waaaaay behind -> how do you expect to get kills from there?. Another thing which is very important is that her mob farming skills are very weak and you can't expect to have easy to kill newbies at the beginning of each match laning against you. What Im saying is she will probably have to jungle as indicated by talent specc or else she will have a hard time. Truth be told Im kinda eager to see people try her as omgmage dps just to find out they can't actually dish out as much dmg as is promised in the first few minutes of this video and by Phreaks' score.

She reminds me of Paladins in Vanilla WoW, she can heal and deal damage. But as it turns out in practice she is in group just to give buffs because she excels at nothing else.
wow.. you really dont know anything...why not go play her first? I have been able to take off 1/4 -1/2+ a chars hp with my sona build. Just because you may not be great with her, dont speak stuff you dont know much about. her dmg is great, as is her heals. she is SUPPORT. she isnt there to get kills, just to damage people. I generally get an average 4/4/(2x/3x) with her.

MaeFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushy Beard View Post
i hate auto spells.

seriously, i can't choose who to heal?

sadly, i can't "support" who really needs it.
um.. it heals the people who need it most. the person with the least hp. ^_^; sry but -1 on not realizing something obvious.

Perpetual X

09-29-2010

Lol wtf? yes it heals the lowest hp person. But that means that for example.... annie is dying in your group and she manages to run away and is out of range of battle at the same time your vlad or something is in the fight still dying. If annie is going back I don't need that heal going to her so auto target heal is lame. And I mean out of THEIR range not your teams in other words she's safe to run.

TheGhostlyMoon

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity Fox View Post
oh god.....i need to buy her, i dont care, i NEED to buy Sona and all of her skins. this is so perfect for me its like divine intervention or something.

also i have to say i absolutely love her voice actor. make sure you give her a cookie or something
god dam next thing u know ur gonna start beating ur meat while playing her huh

sylverfyre

10-01-2010

Sona's neat because when she's in a teamfight she damages enemy heroes by EXISTING (and level 5 valor stings, esp with decent AP.)

lj2014

10-02-2010

googood

wowzello44

10-03-2010

lalaalla sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Giant 8IIIIID

10-03-2010

nice XD

Coinage

10-19-2010

Shurelia makes much better guides, for me.

Some good points in this but its pretty hilarious how the spotlight says "newest support champ," when Lux is released this week.

People come back to watch these as guides, don't date yourself like that. =P