Ezreal vs Tanky DPS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlitzkriegATX

09-12-2012

I just starting playing the game a few months ago, so I really don't know much. I'm posting in the Twisted Treeline forum because Twisted Treeline is seemingly filled with tanky champions.
I've been playing a lot of 3s using Ezreal with my friend on Amumu, but I'm having problems against tanky DPS champs.

So what would be a good build to use against champs like Garen, Nunu, Darius or other champions like them?

Now, when asking that question I do of course realize that builds should be different based on the exact champ you're against and your play style, but can you give me some ideas to try out?

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

It isn't so much build that you have to worry about. It is positioning, mana management and your own team comp. Playing an AD carry against Bruisers can be very good but there is also little room for error EG. when Darius pulls you there is a tiny amount of time where you can shift away before his q goes off.

The main thing you want in teamfights is to make sure nobody dashes onto you or you don't eat any stuns but you want to be around the edges of the fight constantly doing damage. Amumu helps with this keeping everyone pinned down

The build I use every game is:

Boots 3 pots
Dorans
Dorans
Vamp Scepter
Bezerker Greaves
(Phage sometimes here depends on other team)
Bloodthirster
Triforce
Guardian Angel
Last Whisper, IE (If the game goes this long)

BlitzkriegATX

09-12-2012

That's roughly what I build every match as well, but I'm not doing very much damage on bruisers. That, and God help me if I get caught by one of them (It rarely happens, but when it does, I rarely get away).

I just want some ideas for a build that'll punish high health/defense champs a little bit more.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

k so looking at your match history your build SUCKS.
Go boots > double doran blade > trinity force and then IE/last whiper etc etc
If any garen, darius, jax, etc start to run at you e away and kite with your phage/red buff
really just learn how to position yourself better and stay behind your tanks

BlitzkriegATX

09-12-2012

I generally keep trying to build armor, because if I get caught out of position, I die before I can even Arcane Shift away. I don't get caught out of position very often though. I rarely die more than a few times a match.
I've more or less been taking friends' advice on builds and up until last night it's been working well - I've just been lacking a little bit of damage on tankier champs compared to the rest of the carries I've been with, but I wasn't complaining until last night.
I got told to go off my normal build and take a Madred's and a PDancer, because they had so much health. I now feel like I've been trolled.

I'm still trying to find some other items that are generally good on Ezreal.
I can't just go cookie-cutter every time. It bores me.

OnlyBotLane

09-12-2012

Madreds is okay. It has major flaws though. MR decreases its usefulness significantly because you won't have any mpen. Also 4% max health at 3000 health is 120 damage before resistance. compared to extra crit/AD/crit chance is nothing. The as from Bloodrazor is good but I don't think that it is that good. Keep in mind IE also benefits your q with AD a lot.

EDIT: if you feel like you want an alternative to GA then sometimes QSS is better. Other than that there isn't too much you can change around on him and still be really strong.

Judas Priest

09-12-2012

There is no build that will save Ezreal from a late game Darius. I don't usually play as Ezreal, but I think it's just like playing as Ahri: you must deal a lot of damage from distance and never be caught and never walk alone either. If they get you in range, you're pretty much dead. Try to be a very versatile and mobile ranged glass cannon.

Roman

09-12-2012

it's all about practice.. ezreal is one of the most forgiving ad carries in the game so it's all about positioning, engaging smart and not getting caught without your escape. play passive early game when you can and farm up until you get trinity then you can easily kite them with slow procs and attack move. honestly, most of the time it's not worth playing range carries without experience because of how easier it is to play a bruiser and still have good dmg output with them. they are just more easier.

against difficult laners like jax and darius, there is not much you can do unless you can shove them out of lane at lvl 1-3 taking advantage of your poke and auto attacks.

boots > double dorans (wriggles depends on your botlane) > phage into trinity > ie > ga > lw