Overskilled team strategy: Just wing it !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baltheir

09-11-2012

I mean just imagine if you had like 5 Phreaks on your team... would your team composition really matter?
eg. pure AD team...
wouldn't that be fun?

SpiffmeisterZ

09-12-2012

I've had a pure AP team win... But we all had MagPen runes to start and voidstaffs/abyssals at the end.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

I'm pretty sure a team full of Chaox's would win every lane as an adc

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

A Team of full AP can work, a team of full AD would not. Here's why:

Frozen Heart + Thornmail + Warmogs = Invincible tank
All 4 damage dealers and offtank carrier Thornmail.

Your AD team will die before they can kill the opposing team, regardless if you win your lane. You would have to win early before they get enough farm, or have a dumb team.

Either way, idiots and trolls exist in LoL so any team is viable. I've won plenty of theme premades, consisting of All Supports, All Tanks, All AD/AP, All Stealth etc.

Its always about outplaying you're opponent, so you are right. But if you took an all AD Phreak team against any 1500+ Elo team, they will likely build Thornmail and eat you. AP You can keep bursting until they are dead, regardless of MR.

SovietBlade

09-12-2012

I've had a magic damage team roflstomp.
But it had soraka, kogmaw, and fiddlesticks.
So that was a ****-ton of MR shred.

Sam Is Whoa

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
A Team of full AP can work, a team of full AD would not. Here's why:

Frozen Heart + Thornmail + Warmogs = Invincible tank
All 4 damage dealers and offtank carrier Thornmail.

Your AD team will die before they can kill the opposing team, regardless if you win your lane. You would have to win early before they get enough farm, or have a dumb team.

Either way, idiots and trolls exist in LoL so any team is viable. I've won plenty of theme premades, consisting of All Supports, All Tanks, All AD/AP, All Stealth etc.

Its always about outplaying you're opponent, so you are right. But if you took an all AD Phreak team against any 1500+ Elo team, they will likely build Thornmail and eat you. AP You can keep bursting until they are dead, regardless of MR.
Thats why they have ghostblades and LW. An ad team of vayne varus cait corki draven. Could possibly win. These champs either ignore resistances for some good dmg, have such high AS that with black cleaver and LW armor is minimal, and have good CC with knock backs, snares, stuns.

Its all relative.

Sephïroth

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Thats why they have ghostblades and LW. An ad team of vayne varus cait corki draven. Could possibly win. These champs either ignore resistances for some good dmg, have such high AS that with black cleaver and LW armor is minimal, and have good CC with knock backs, snares, stuns.

Its all relative.
Thornmail - 30% Of damage done is returned to you. So that means you will have to outplay them ontop of survive your own burst. LW and Ghost Blade is just going to make you do more damage... which works both ways on Thornmail.

I never said it couldn't happen but you would have to build Lifesteal to amend for the Thornmail, not LW or Ghostblade. Both of those are going to make you die faster. Its just highly unlikely, because regardless of how well you play, you have to take 30% of all damage you deal back, and usually AD carries are the squishiest of the team.

Quick Rawr

09-12-2012

You have a team full of tanks. Good luck farming up to those items to counter them.

Sephïroth

09-12-2012

Any "Good" team, as I said is needed, can farm from a tower to get enough to get those items. Especially when Thornmail is only 2k, and a Gp5 item will get you that fairly easy.