Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Level order on Olaf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I generally jungle with him occasionally top laning, but I've been told that Q is better for both laning and jungling.

Is that really so? Olaf's q feels super mana heavy especially in the jungle if spammed and olaf can just walk up to someone and smash them with E while winning the trade. By maxing E first, olaf becomes a complete terror at level 9 as well and can 1v1 pretty much anybody.

So what do I max?

Hey Tacobff,

I'm fairly new with olaf, but absolutely love him. This is my opinion, may not be right compared to the veterans...

With Olaf, I always take Q first and spamming that as hits everything in it's path. I ALWAYS SPAM it when jungling (if I have enough Mana). However, I only take one point as I max 'E' first aswell, purely for ganking purpose... You won't find me hitting jungle creatures much.

My Order:

Q, W, E, E, E, R, E, Q, E

Q = Spam it to clear creeps quick! Max second
W = Early W for sustain with my vampiric sceptre. Allowing me to Jungle indefinitely. Only take one point and max last...
E = Max first everytime to help with ganks. Remember, your job is to gank... Not kill creeps. But I do use it alot in Jungle to keep my HP low for the passive's attach speed boost.

With laning, I hate laning with Olaf. But really depends on the situation. I see plenty of Olaf's still maxing E then Q first. Puely for his storng poke. 'Q' to slow and damage and hit them with 'E' then run while they are still slowed. Massive damage early-mid game.

I mostly jungle olaf if anything, I max Q in almost every situation. In jungle, I use Q liberally when I have blue buff, otherwise, I use maybe 1 axe a camp if I'm over half mana. Once you have wriggles though you don't need to use abilities to clear camps (unless you want to E to increase speed at the cost of sustain).
In lane, most of the time I will max Q because many people will pick a ranged champion against me. Q is important poke and the strongest dueling ability olaf has because of the CDR effect.
The only advantage E has over Q is it is unavoidable (if in range) and it doesn't cost mana. E is only better in situations where you are already at an advantage as it lets you assert you dominance more easily against melee champions who need farm.