@Riot, we need more Runeterra's own monsters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trimyth

10-24-2013

By that, I mean monsters from Runeterra to battle against the forces of the Void.

Here are some pictures and ideas hopefully Riot can use to brainstorm:
http://kaijucombat.com/wiki/doku.php...c_monster_list

A very concise story:

Runeterra is not unknown to terrestrial beings as many champions from different background have come together to forge their own path to glory. However, as the other dimension known as the Void opened, many families have seek "atonement". Perhaps their prayers are answered - a distant galaxy has recently collided with a neighboring one and the subsequent force of the collision has flung the planet known as Planet X to Runeterra. Without hesitation, the mages with their precognition have with all of their might summon a force field to ease the impact of Planet X. Much of the Planet X's outer layer was destroyed. However, most monsters perished within the impact but a quite handful of them persisted by willpower.

Sensing an usual wavelengths protruded by the Void, Planet X's own monsters have ignited their bloodlust into a frenzy but natural call of order - to reign supreme of all organisms.

The scripture once said that when evil entities from another dimension(Void) arrive, new events(monsters) may come to annihilate or save Runeterra. Or both.

If Riot decides to go with this route, I think it would be an awesome idea as there will be another addition to Runeterra's forces: Shadow Isle, Demacia, Noxus, Void, etc... and of course Planet X.

trimyth

11-12-2013

Bump for justice and monster lovers alike!

trimyth

03-07-2014

bump

Wolfinsteen

03-07-2014

Those creatures look like voidborn, but I suppose I see your point.

dbSideswipe

03-07-2014

That's a really good idea! Riot pls listen to this. We need more non-void monsters!

SecretLore

03-07-2014

well they were once working on a hydra champ but that was during a time when they weren't really much into monster champs.

When vel'koz came out they said that their opinion in that regard changed,so now there shouldn't be anything speaking against a hydra champ

Iraeavin

03-08-2014

For some reason this sounds like the premise behind Pacific Rim. To fight the monsters, we built monsters of our own, or something along those lines.

trimyth

03-08-2014

I'm a big fan of big monsters destroying cities and what not. The only question now is in terms of lore how big is big?

I think this is where we lore fans need to come around and figure out how big some of these creatures are.

For example, big creatures such as Nautilus and Battlecast Vel'Koz are pretty big. Cho'Gath being probably the biggest of them all if fed.

Now we need Planet X's own heavy hitters. My suggestion is that since Godzilla is about to come out, Riot should take the opportunity to brainstorm a creature that pays homage to the king of monsters. Plus, I'm certain many fans would want RIOT to produce its own kaiju like creature.

Although not entirely carbon copies, but rather take cues from the most famous ones such as Godzilla and Gamera aka Gamzera? Possibly a reptilian-like creature that DOESN'T look like Renekton but have a shorter beak, turtle shell for defense, twin tails, and wings for the luls. Gamzera's size should be the same size as fed Cho'Gath once reached level 18 based on levels and not eating.

Subsequent monsters from Planet X can be smaller to rival against the likes of Vel'Koz in size.

Ebonmaw Dragon

03-08-2014

Well, ZAC is a "big monster" from Zaun

SecretLore

03-09-2014

Well I doubt there will be ever a monster as big as a full grown cho'gath.
His most defining and unique characteristic is being able to become a huge monster